Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Crooks sold more than 5,000 fake documents to illegal immigr

http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=6595865

Crooks sold more than 5,000 fake documents to illegal immigrants

Associated Press - May 31, 2007 8:54 PM ET

SACRAMENTO (AP) - Federal officials say a Sacramento-based fraud ring sold more than 5,000 fake Social Security cards, driver's licenses, green cards and birth certificates mainly to illegal immigrants over a two year period.

The last of 5 people involved in the ring was sentenced to federal prison today.

Investigators say the documents were made in a south Sacramento hotel room and sometimes sold for thousands of dollars.

Many of the birth certificates and Social Security numbers were valid. Officials say that makes them more dangerous in the wrong hands.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

This may appear to be a stupid question, but I've only been to California once in my life. Are there any sections of California that do not have an illegal alien problem? Just curious.

Ostrich

hi ostrich:

I live here in Cali. The illegal immigration proby here is everywhere, but worse in southern california and in the central valley. We do have a problem here in san francisco, but not as bad as in other areas...but its getting there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)