Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cross-border truck plan is being revisited

Cross-border truck plan is being revisited
    By DAVID HENDRICKS Chronicle News Service
    Feb. 7, 2009, 12:06AM

SAN ANTONIO — Congress resumes consideration of the U.S.-Mexico cross-border trucking pilot program this week when the Senate takes up the Department of Transportation’s appropriations bill.

“The talk on the streets of Washington is about how the Obama administration treats cross-border trucking will be a litmus test on bilateral relations with Mexico,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Re: Cross-border truck plan is being revisited

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Mexico is prepared to issue trade sanctions against the United States if the cross-border trucking pilot program, which allows U.S. and Mexican carriers to make deliveries into the interior of each other’s country, is terminated, Burns said.

Mexico most likely would impose higher tariffs on U.S. agricultural
    and .... where is the down side... I dont see a downside here
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I bet you would be hard pressed to find ANY USA truck drivers that are enthusiastic about driving their rig into Mexico. I would be very suspicious of any truck drivers that would be open to driving into Mexico....especially right now with all the violence down there.

Next...how does it benefit the AMERICAN PEOPLE to have Mexican trucks crossing into our country? There is nothing being made in Mexico that we cant make here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Cross-border truck plan is being revisited

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Mexico is prepared to issue trade sanctions against the United States if the cross-border trucking pilot program, which allows U.S. and Mexican carriers to make deliveries into the interior of each other’s country, is terminated, Burns said.

Mexico most likely would impose higher tariffs on U.S. agricultural
    and .... where is the down side... I dont see a downside here
    Mexico would impose trade sanctions against us, that’s great news if it means they would stop illegally exporting their people to this country to send U.S. dollars back to mexico.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

It needs to be stopped as it was suppose to be over a year ago and Mary Peters should be in jail!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

If they impose trade tariffs on products from the US, may I recommend that we imposed some sort of tariff on the unfettered importation of human and drug products from their country? After all, all the profit gets back to Mexico and all the other countries without our knowledge or control.

This needs to be stopped just as we stopped it before with the help of the protests at the border. And let us not forget the phone calls and e-mails to the politicians.

I would not even care if there was good in it for the American people and the country. I think it is just wrong and very dangerous. Just another way of possibly propagating more drug and human trafficking and cross border violence as what has been happening in Mexico.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou