Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cross-border trucking continues despite protests

Cross-border trucking continues despite protests
    By Aaron Nelsen/The Brownsville Herald
    January 12, 2008 - 10:16PM

Like it or not, Mexican trucks will continue making deliveries into the United States interior despite congressional efforts to block their passage.

Congress voted last year to stop funding for a cross-border trucking pilot program, however, last week, the Bush administration argued that while the congressional action bans funding for a new program it does nothing to stop the current one.

“The current cross-border trucking demonstration project will continue to operate in a manner that puts safety first, with participating Mexican carriers subject to all safety standards required by the 2008 omnibus bill and the department, while giving U.S. trucking companies new opportunities and U.S. consumers significant savings,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is just about as arrogant as you can get...I hope Senator Dorgan stays on top of this, I also sent the news stories of the truck with the 37 illegals in it and the one with the drugs in it to several congress men, Hoping they get the messsage when they come back.

[quote]Myself, I’m not afraid of Mexican trucks coming up north,â€
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Bush isn't going to listen to anyone. He doesn't care if it takes jobs and jeopardizes the safety of the people.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Bush isn't going to listen to anyone. He doesn't care if it takes jobs and jeopardizes the safety of the people.
    I don't care what Bush wants, congress needs to go after the head of DOT they are responsible for the funds spent at the DOT and congress with out a doubt passed an amendment that said NO funds are to be used for a pilot program for Mexican trucks.

I don't believe there isn't anything congress can't do about it, what the heck good are they if everyone does what ever they want. Please don't answer that
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

SOSADFORUS--The US Department of Commerce regulates international trade so it could be another contact.
    http://www.commerce.gov/

International Trade Administration
    http://trade.gov/index.asp

I fear the 'trade' imported will include drugs and illegals driven north.

I have a hard time believing any American wants to be a truck driver in middle and southern Mexico where armed bands roam, stop and rob vehicles, and kidnap victims for randsom.

"We have had a Bush-Clinton crime spree in America that has lasted 27 years and we know it is all about oil, money and power." ~ Keith Olbermann
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    SOSADFORUS--The US Department of Commerce regulates international trade so it could be another contact.
    http://www.commerce.gov/

International Trade Administration
    http://trade.gov/index.asp

I fear the 'trade' imported will include drugs and illegals driven north.

I have a hard time believing any American wants to be a truck driver in middle and southern Mexico where armed bands roam, stop and rob vehicles, and kidnap victims for randsom.

"We have had a Bush-Clinton crime spree in America that has lasted 27 years and we know it is all about oil, money and power." ~ Keith Olbermann
    Thanks MyAmerica, it probably would help if the head was not "Carlos Gutierrez" Huge OBL traitor.

One of our problems is we have traitors as the head of all of these departments.

I agree I don't understand why an American trucker would want to travel to Mexico.....but if Mexicans are taking your routes and that is all you have, many will do it....again finding ways to force Americans to their will.

exceptions duly noted: those whose families originate from Mexico, are bilingual and hold a dual citizenship status

Guess who's profiteering here?
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!