Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CT: Complaint accuses Danbury officials of violating

http://www.newstimes.com/news/updates.php?id=1031264

Complaint accuses Danbury officials of violating immigration laws

Paul Streitz, founder and co-director of CT Citizens for Immigration Control, filed a complaint last week with the U.S. Attorney's Office in Hartford against the city of Danbury and Mayor Mark Boughton.

Streitz, who lives in Darien, claims the city "has become one large illegal smuggling, employment and housing operation" and is calling for an investigation to determine if Boughton and other city officials granted permits for multi-family housing to accommodate illegal immigrants.

Tom Carson, spokesman for U.S. Attorney Kevin O'Connor, said the office has received the complaint and is reviewing it to determine whether an investigation is warranted.

Boughton called the complaint "absurd" and "irrational."

Reader Comments
    this story has 11 comments.

This site does not necessarily agree with comments posted below — responsibility lies with the reader posting the comment. .

Show All Comments Post Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by: Ziggy914 Mon, Feb 12 2007
    illegal - it's not that I think you're wrong in your assessment of the situation - for all I know, you may be correct. Let's assume for a moment you are...
    Last I looked, Streitz is a private citizen. As such, he's not "misusing" the forums. He's as entitled as you, I, or anyone else to post his views.
    But what about you? For all we know, you're a public official or a local college instructor, potentially "misusing" your taxpayer-furnished computer to rebut his arguments. Not saying you are...just using the point that we don't know who you are either, any more than we know who VoR really is.
    Again, I really don't care who you are - it's just that your endless call for outing VoR has me curious. You are consistently the loudest voice on here calling for his outing - yet, you're unwilling to do the same for yourself.

As for knowing one's opinions, the only "opinion" you've consistently put forth is that everyone calling for some control over illegal immigration must be racist.
    Are you at least willing to admit that your blanket condemnation may not be accurate for all posters? Is there honestly no other reason besides racism you can imagine that people might be against illegal immigration?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by: illegal_and_lovin_it! Mon, Feb 12 2007
    If I used or misused the News Times message board specifically for the purpose of furthering a political agenda, my identity would be an issue. Especially if I'd made public statements elsewhere under my real name.

Let me ask this: Can you honestly say you know Voiceofreason's opinion about anything OTHER than illegal immigration? Do you find it odd that he only appears when stories about immigration are published, armed with a wealth of source material?

Why hasn't he denied being Streitz?

Every citizen in America needs to file complaints

any local, state or federal agency that is not complying with immigration laws should have complaints from American citizens. the noise wheel gets greased.