Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CT: Man charged with raping girl smuggled into United States

Man charged with raping girl smuggled into United States

Pascual Francisco

Posted Dec. 30, 2007
    3:35 PM

Milford (AP) _ Milford police say they've charged a Maryland man with raping a girl who was among a group of illegal immigrants he was allegedly transporting across the country.

Police say Francisco Pascual, who is 25, was being held Sunday on a $1 million bond on charges of sexual assault, kidnapping, unlawful restraint, risk of injury and assault. He was arrested after a girl, whose age was not released, told officers that he had raped her in a Milford hotel room after dropping off the other illegal immigrants he was driving to various spots across the U.S.

The girl was able to escape, and officers found her lost and wandering at a Milford gas station Saturday morning after a concerned citizen called them.

Police say the girl's mother, who lives in the Boston area, told officers she had paid to have her daughter smuggled into from Mexico into the U.S. from their native El Salvador.

Immigration agents and state child-welfare officials were notified.

It was not immediately known whether the girl would be held in state custody, or allowed to stay with her mother in the Boston area while the investigation continues.

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... v=menu29_2[
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gees! I certainly HOPE child protection takes this girl. The mother is at the very least guilty of endangering the welfare of her child and failure to protect!! What was she thinking?
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

I agree with SeaTurtle. Why would they even consider handing this girl over to her mother? I can't IMAGINE letting some stranger, man or woman, take control of my daughter or my son, much less actually pay someone to do it, giving them access to my kids without my constant supervision. She should be charged with neglect and deported, and the child should be placed in CPS custody until she is finished with the police investigation and/or trial.

How long was it before she sent for her daughter ...She left her child in her native country WHY? she and her daughter should be sent back to their country NOW ...

Can you tell I am getting a little upset with all this crap .. They alway whine that We tear familys apart but they are more than willing to leave a child behind and come to the US to leech off of us..

Posted on Tue, Jan 1, 2008 Zoom + | Zoom -
    Bail at $2M for suspect accused of child rape
    By James Tinley, Register Staff

MILFORD — Bail was doubled Monday to $2 million for the man charged in the rape and assault of a Salvadoran girl who police say was among a group of people smuggled into the country.

Francisco P. Pascual is being held by state authorities, and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement placed a detainer against him, meaning even if he were to post the $2 million bail, he would not be released.

It was also revealed during his arraignment Monday at Superior Court in Milford that if he were convicted, Pascual, 25, would be subject to the harsher penalties of Jessica’s Law, due to the girl’s age, and could face up to 80 years in prison.

The girl, whose identity and exact age are not being released, is younger than 13. Police Capt. Gerald Butler said Monday that the girl was reunited with her parents in Boston and is in their custody. Butler said he was unsure whether the girl’s parents would be subject to criminal charges and are illegal immigrants.

"The safety of the girl was our largest concern," he added.

Pascual is charged with sexual assault, kidnapping and unlawful restraint, all in the first degree; third-degree assault and risk of injury to a minor.

The charges came after the girl managed to escape from Pascual and was found wandering around a Boston Post Road gas station Saturday morning, police said.

The girl told police, with the help of a translator, that she was part of a group Pascual smuggled into the country. She told police Pascual made several stops, dropping people off during a planned trek from California to Boston.

According to police, the girl’s parents paid Pascual to transport her after she crossed the Mexican border into the United States.

The girl told police after a couple was dropped off somewhere near New York, she was the only one left in the van. It was then that Pascual began touching her sexually, police said. He later checked into the Hampton Inn at 1298 Plains Road where the assault took place.

Pascual is believed to be from Baltimore, but State’s Attorney Kevin Lawlor said the suspect’s identity is in question because his identification card was altered. Pascual also is known to have used the alias Pascual Francisco. He was in handcuffs and leg shackles Monday and used the aid of a Spanish translator during his arraignment.

Thomas Carson, spokesman for the U.S. attorney’s office in New Haven, said Monday it is "still very early in the investigative stage" and too early to comment on whether Pascual will face federal charges. Paula Genier, a spokeswoman for ICE, deferred comments on the case to city police.

Lisa Holden, executive director of the Coalition Against Domestic Violence, said immigrants seeking to cross into the United states often face abhorrent and abusive conditions. Many times, she said, they are faced with a large debt that is impossible to pay and women and girls can be forced into prostitution.

"This human trafficking is the new slavery," she said. "They get lured into thinking that they will be heading into freedom, but it’s actually quite opposite." She added that victims fearing exposure and deportation often don’t seek help.

It is unclear whether the girl in the Milford case will be deported or able to receive a special visa, Holden said.

Pascual will appear in court again Jan. 15.

www.nhregister.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lisa Holden, executive director of the Coalition Against Domestic Violence, said immigrants seeking to cross into the United states often face abhorrent and abusive conditions. Many times, she said, they are faced with a large debt that is impossible to pay and women and girls can be forced into prostitution.

"This human trafficking is the new slavery," she said. "They get lured into thinking that they will be heading into freedom, but it’s actually quite opposite." She added that victims fearing exposure and deportation often don’t seek help.

You know if they just stayed in their own country this would not happen and if Our GVT would enforce law already on the books this would not happen .. I am sorry for the liuttle girl but her parents should be held accountable for their neglect.

"Just here to pick lettuce and clean toilets" "Family values dont stop at the Rio Grand." Hey President Bush, can you hear us?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

GET A SPECIAL VISA?????
    Deport the whole family, what the heck is going on??
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>