Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

CT-Norwalk woman pleads guilty to defrauding immigrants

Norwalk woman pleads guilty to defrauding immigrants

By John Nickerson
    Staff Writer
    Posted: 12/17/2009 08:44:29 PM EST
    Updated: 12/17/2009 08:44:30 PM EST

HARTFORD -- A Norwalk woman who worked at a Stamford company purportedly providing services for immigrants seeking worker visas pleaded guilty in federal court Thursday to one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud.

Katarzyna Miecznikowska, 34, of 109 Dry Hill Road, made her plea before U.S. Magistrate Judge Donna Martinez.

Charging between $18,000 and $21,000, Miecznikowska from March 2004 to September 2005 met with immigrants who came to the Stamford offices of The Spartan Group; she claimed she was the office's vice president, according to a U.S. Department of Justice release.

After discussing the immigration process, Miecznikowska would have individuals sign blank visa applications and sign checks that Miecznikowska would deposit into her own bank account.

The applications, which were forwarded to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, would contain the name of businesses sponsoring the workers. The business names on the fraudulent applications, however, had no connection to the individuals seeking the employment visas, the release said.

As a result, Miecznikowska was charged with defrauding immigrants seeking employment visas and mail fraud.

She will be sentenced on March 5 and faces a maximum term of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Staff Writer John Nickerson can be reached at john.nickerson@scni.com.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/localne ... source=rss
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WTF

Is she even a U S citizen herself? If not it should read "Immigrant defrauds Other Immigrants at U S taxpayer expense"

AND if she is an immigrant she should NOW be deported for her disgusting crimes....

Clean house

I'd like more details about those she defrauded. Could it be it was purposely left out because it didn't "fit" the racial argument?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Where is it that these illegals get $18,000-$21,000 to pay her but they crowd our social services offices and suck em dry?

Even though I do not wait tables anymore I still go by "Waiter" because I was always the "Waiter"..........I was doing tech support for a major computer manufacturer and my job was "Outsourced".

Sadly I had to apply for foodstamps and what a experience that was.

First of all I thought I was at a day care center not a govt office and I think I was the only one there that spoke English.

Made me proud to know that I have paid taxes to support these future gang members
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law