Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I just want to say that the Richmond Times Dispatch even though not entirely accurate did a much better job of presenting this than our local newspaper. The Culpeper Star Exponent a subsidy of Media General.

I also want to thank Brian for keeping you all up to date with this. I was looking for articles on it this morning other than the star and found this site.

WTG ALIPAC and sending donation monday I will also be directing Culpeper residents to this site including Mr. Jenkins.

Welcome p0g01234!

Thanks for the first hand information on the meeting. We here are very familar with how biased the MSM is on this issue. For that matter they are completely untrustworty on just about every issue.

We stand with you and the people of Culpeper!

I will also be directing Culpeper residents to this site including Mr. Jenkins.
    Please do!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Thanks AlturaCt,

I almost feel sorry for them. pfffff Yeah right I think not. No matter what else is portrayed in the paper these are the actual facts about this community.

We are mostly farmers and the biggest portion of the people are from the original families dating to the 1700's mine and hubby's included. (This is the County Portion excluding the new sub-divisions which there are really not that many of YET!) The town which is having the worst problems of course is very diverse and has been within the last 20 years.
    We have 3 stop lights on the main road through town.

We have always welcomed people that wanted to come here and be part of this community.

Around 5 years ago we started seeing about 3 or 4 people waiting for work at the Old Town Mall. Then last year as things heated up in Prince William County and Spottslvainia(Fredricksburg) it started increasing one week 10 then the next week 20 then last month around 50.

Yes we watched the surrounding papers and sat back to see how this was going to playout . smack smack I know stupidity was running rampant.
    We are for the most part a quiet bunch and pick our battles wisely. This is one that we finally realized could not be ignored.

It is unfortunate for them that they have woken us up!!! This as you can tell by the heated arguments is not a community that will back down to anyone especially someone who comes here with no right and is breaking our laws demanding anything from us. One of the people from Richmond commented about how we just did not want to share our wealth. OH I just about hurled. Most of the new people are mortgaged to the hilt and the rest .. all we have in wealth are the homes and land left to us.

The entire local government WILL be cleaned out come hell or high water and we WILL be working our way up. This is a small community even with the new subdivisions but as small as we are we are a force to be reckoned with and always have been since before,durring and after all WAR's starting with the war for our Independence from England.

We all regret sitting back and doing nothing about it till the past year we will NOT make that mistake again!
    If blood needs to flow on our streets and fields again then so be it they have screwed with the wrong rural community.

OK I feel better now venting done.
    Have a great eve all !
    A. Allen-Settle

Welcome to Alipac pogo...

Have you checked out the Culpeper Focus Campaign? Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll help you or I will find the answer! Go post what you have been doing for Culpeper and any information you may have about what is going on.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=39393
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thankyou so very much for sharing this!! Wonderful to see this and thanks so much to everyone else that has been sending letters and everything else.

For what I have been doing is ... Consistently sending in to the newspaper via regular mail and email letters every time they write something about this. I have also been using the Numbers USA site to send to members of all in Richmond and on the do nothing hill and for many other states also including the petitions out everywhere for the 2 BP agents.

I was told by someone that is close to the higher ups here that it was one of my letters that finally kicked everything into drive.

We had a story they reported about a county employee meeting in the middle of the work day with the Mexican Consulet about setting up a office in Culpeper to give out that POS metricula card.

Well lets just say that was the straw that broke the camels back with being even civil about it.

I addressed the point of a county and state employee from the health dept meeting in the middle of the day with someone to supply id to ILLEGAL aliens for banking purposes. Now last time I checked that was not in a county and state employees job description while collecting my tax dollars for her salary!! They have still not answered my questions on this either as to if she was on her time or mine so I can only assume mine.
    Well the following day I look at the paper and there is a letter from the Sheriff and Chief of Town Police basically stating in a cut down version they would be doing nothing pretty much. Well Sheriff Hart I do believe already new his days were numbered in his position to bad the Town Police Cheif was dumb enough to go along.
    Oh I forgot the headline and you will be able to find it in the letters and opinion section of the paper online....Illegal Aliens??? Well after they responded to me and also to Mr. Payne who had asked about the depts participating in the ICE program for local law enforcement it all blew up in their faces and Mr. Jenkins anounced the meeting for the people of this county an town.
    I believe the whole Mexican card bull was started by Wachovia bank since there are 3 of them in a less than one mile span. BUT that is just my personal opinion. Most of the Illegals are still using the pay wire services to send money out and I know how Banks in general are trying to grab that market since they found that loophole in the wording and are allowed for now to accept this as a valid id for banking purposes.

Well that is what I have been doing and ty for asking. Keep the faith WE WILL WIN THIS!!
    A. Allen-Settle

"We are just here to support our race," Ordaz said. "It is not fair. We are all equal."
    i love how they make this issue about race

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/vi ... 5764.story

Councilman's proposals prompt emotional outbursts
    By the Associated Press
    September 3, 2006
    CULPEPER, Va. -- A meeting on a town councilman's proposal to crack down on undocumented residents turned ugly, with supporters and opponents booing and shouting at each other.

Several blocks from Saturday's meeting, about 100 people sympathetic to undocumented workers marched, holding American and Mexican flags and chanting, "We are not criminals!"

Councilman Steve Jenkins wants to hold accountable landlords and employers who house and hire undocumented workers. Jenkins also says he might push to officially designate English as the town's primary language.

Jenkins asked the overflow audience of more than 200 people to be courteous as his meeting started. The civility lasted about 15 minutes.

Cristina M. Rebeil, an attorney for the Richmond-based Legal Aid Justice Center, was booed after saying the Declaration of Independence's ideals of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness apply to all people.

"There is no difference between a person who came undocumented and myself," she said.

"Yes, there is!" someone in the audience yelled. "Shut up!" yelled another.

Supporters of reining in illegal immigration blamed undocumented workers for more crime, lowered property values and increased pressure on schools and social services in Culpeper, a town of 15,000.

"I'm really tired of hearing we are a nation of immigrants," said John Gentile, 77, adding he supports legal immigration. "We are being drained."

Diego Decastro, 54, said he is trying to help his 80-year-old mother emigrate from Spain, but that he won't hire a smuggler to ferry her across the border from Mexico. "We are doing it the right way," he said.

Those supportive of illegal immigrants countered that the workers pay taxes and are no more responsible for crime or lower property values than others in the community.

"Sometimes it makes you ashamed to be white," Carmen Jewell, 57, told the audience as she heard criticism of illegal immigrants. "They're human beings just like we are."

Some critics also said Jenkins' efforts and the enthusiastic response of most of the audience smacked of racism.

Jenkins said he is not targeting any race.

Near the end of the two-hour meeting, a woman sympathetic to illegal immigrants made an obscene gesture toward a young woman who had repeatedly yelled "Shut up!" at her.

Jenkins said the next step is for the Town Council and the Culpeper County Board of Supervisors to consider approving and sending a letter to Rep. Eric I. Cantor, R-7th, asking for federal help. He also mentioned possibly forming a local task force to examine the impact of undocumented residents on schools, social services and other areas.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    "We are just here to support our race," Ordaz said. "It is not fair. We are all equal."
    i love how they make this issue about race
    This quote, doesn't make sense, does it?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12