Comments are being left at the source link.
~~~

A message from Steve Jenkins

Steve Jenkins
Published: October 24, 2008

The Virginia Local Government Coalition on Illegal Aliens met Oct, 16 in Culpeper. This group was initiated by me, supported by the Culpeper County Board of Supervisors and is now being directed by the mayor of Herndon.

Its main direction at this time is to bring concerns about illegal aliens to the Virginia General Assembly. It is my hope that local citizens will become involved. The next meeting is Dec. 11 at the Daniel Technology Center, where the two most pressing issues will be determined and presented to your legislators on Jan. 15.

In these harsh economic times, American businesses, small and large, should stand up and behave like true Americans and employ those who are legally allowed to work. It is a felony and self-serving to hire illegals under the table at low wages to line the business pockets with illegal gains.

If you know or suspect a business operating illegally in their hiring practices, you can confidentially report them to the IRS. The same can be done with landlords who pack a house with many illegals and only report income from a few, pocketing the rest of their illegal gains.

It is time that Americans support America. The coalition will work diligently to support Americans and American ideals. I will support any law or ordinance to deter illegal aliens. We must push forward and not be deterred.

Steve Jenkins
Culpeper Town Councilman

www.starexponent.com