Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Cut Rate College Education For Illegal Aliens In the Bill

http://jonjayray.wordpress.com/2007/06/ ... te-college

It’s no secret that the Senate immigration bill rewards 12-20 million illegal aliens with immediate amnesty. What is less well known is that the bill also allows illegal aliens to receive in-state tuition rates at public universities, discriminating against U.S. citizens from out of state and law-abiding foreign students. These provisions are buried deep in the Senate bill. They are part of the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act section.

The DREAM Act is a nightmare. It repeals a 1996 federal law that prohibits any state from offering in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens, unless the state also offers in-state tuition rates to all U.S. citizens. On top of that, the DREAM Act offers a fast track to U.S. citizenship for illegal aliens who attend college. On its own, the DREAM Act never stood a chance of passing - even in the Senate. Every scientific opinion poll on the subject has shown over 70 percent opposition to giving in-state tuition benefits to illegal aliens.

Not surprisingly, the DREAM Act languished in committee for five years - until the opportunity arose to hitch it to the Senate’s “comprehensiveâ€

As much as I am totally opposed to S1639, the Dream Act just chaps me. I have a son in college, in state, and well are still having a tough time with tuition. I cannot believe that some of those in DC are so willing to give away our country and completely scr** over US citizens and legal aliens.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

MW
    I know the feeling, portaltotx. I have three in college as we speak. Sen. Durbin (D-IL) attached this to the failed S.2611 amnesty bill, now he's attached it to the current amnesty bill. The Dream Act, much like the AgJOBS bill are not strong enough to stand on their own, so Durbin (Dream Act) and Sen. Feinstein (D-CA) (AgJOBS) are attempting to squeeze them in this way. It's disgusting! If the amnesty bill passes, the AgJOBS portion of the bill will be a source of millions of future illegal immigrants. AgJOBS allows up to 1.5 million farm working migrants into the country each year. Many of those folks, assuming the stay in the fields, will be put on a path to citizenship. However, many of them won't stick it out and will go into better paying jobs such as construction - then they'll effectively be new ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My children were asking me where the discounts are going to come from. They don't get this.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>