Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cypress Hill Cancel Arizona Show Due to Immigration Law

Cypress Hill Cancel Arizona Show Due to Immigration Law

Posted May 10th 2010 8:00PM by Charley Rogulewski

Cypress Hill have canceled a forthcoming tour stop in Tuscan, Ariz., in protest to the state's recently passed SB1070 immigration bill calling their decision a "show of resistance to the criminalization of immigrant communities." The controversial bill allows law enforcement to prejudicially detain anyone suspected of being an illegal immigrant in the state.

The concert was to take place on May 21 at the Rialto Theater, and was among a string of performances behind the SoCal hip-hop act's eighth album, 'Rise Up!' "This decision was made in an effort to show support and solidarity with those, undocumented and otherwise, being directly affected by this unconstitutional 'law," a statement from the band read. "Cypress Hill recognizes those living in the struggle for their basic civil rights."

Cypress Hill join a legion of disapproving musicians, including Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am who recently ranted his disgust at the bill on Twitter. "The racial profiling is aimed at Mexicans," Will wrote. "There are illegal Russians, Chinese, Brazilians, Europeans, Australians and Arabs in the USA. The sad thing is Mexicans do jobs Americans don't do and then we complain like [they] a nuisance."

No word on whether Cypress Hill, whose frontman B-Real is of Mexican lineage, plan to ever reschedule or play the state again.

http://www.theboombox.com/2010/05/10/cy ... ion-law%2F
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Are they still around? LOL! No big loss.

Real smart move tho to punish the kids who live there because of a law they had no control over.

Good one, guys! A big thumbs up!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

and, this is immediately going to facebook, and my local papers to ask Americans to boycott these groups......very simple

Cypress WHO???

"There are illegal Russians, Chinese, Brazilians, Europeans, Australians and Arabs in the USA
    Damn right there are and if this law ever comes to NYC they'll get the boot too!

I can dream can't I.

Ummm

"The sad thing is Mexicans do jobs Americans don't do and then we complain like [they] a nuisance."

They are supposed to be Temporary/Seasonal jobs. When the work is done they are supposed to go back to Mexico and say "Thank you for the work. It was very nice of you to invite us here FOR this work. It helps us and our country a great deal and we are grateful to you Americans"

Not march in our streets demanding services, citizenship and voting rights, WHILEST insulting us...

Cyprus Hill is a black hip hop group and the jobs being taken by the illegal aliens are the jobs that a lot of blacks used to do.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    Cyprus Hill is a black hip hop group and the jobs being taken by the illegal aliens are the jobs that a lot of blacks used to do.
    I think some members are Cuban.

They are a great influence for kids with super hits like "Insane in the Brain", "I Could Just Kill a Man", "I Wanna Get High" and "Hits From a Bong".

Well I guess you could say that Cypress Hill......

Is insane in the membrane
    (que The Who)

YEEEAAAHHH!!
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Darn. Now the Cholo's will have no where to go that nite!
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast