http://www.atlantalatino.com/detail.php?id=5448

100 percent against illegal immigration

By Melissa Rincón
mrincon@atlantalatino.com
03/16/2006
In Georgia, he is in almost all of the protests that are for and against illegal immigration. His voice boasts, “Viva la Migra!” (“Long live immigration,” in English, referring to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) and it resounds to oppose undocumented immigration and pleads the country’s borders be secured while he holds banners, mostly with pictures of lawfully issued driver’s licenses.

D.A. King, 53, was born in South Dakota and is president of the Dustin Inman Society, a nonpartisan coalition of citizens of all ethnicities who recognize that illegal immigration and homeland security are the most critical issues in America today.

The activist is presently working on getting bills like SB 529 approved, which requires state agencies to verify the legal status of anyone 18 years and older who solicits public assistance (with exception to emergency medical care).

“We are happy that we are having an effect, proud of the possibility of passing SB 529. We’ll insist that it be enforced if passed...and will be working to make the criminal employers and illegal aliens the No. 1 issue in the 2006 elections here… state, local as well as federal.”

Senate Bill 529 was passed last week by the Senate and waiting for the House of Representatives to give a final vote within a few days. According to the Pew Hispanic Center in Georgia, between 228,000 and 250,000 undocumented persons reside in the state.

King began his fight against illegal immigration by studying the crisis supposedly created by President Bush in 2000 when he refused to secure American borders.

“I have become very educated on the invasion and colonization of the U.S. and quit my own business in 2003 to devote full time to fighting illegal immigration and all who profit by promoting that crime. There is no universal civil right to live in the United States, and I think it hilarious that people will say ‘we only broke several laws because we want to have a better life...’

King said he doesn’t hate anyone but added, “I am against illegal aliens ...because they have no respect for American law unless it is a law that somehow benefits them. Free school and medical care? ‘Si!’ Legal U.S. entry, legal Social Security number, legal wages and following housing laws? ‘No! We are special!’

“I am against illegal immigration because it is a crime and I will not sit and watch while illegal aliens create the same environment that they are trying so hard to escape when they break out of Mexico.”

King is not open to staying seated and with his hands tied while undocumented immigrants create, according to him, another Mexico. With the goal of Georgia becoming free from illegal immigration, King said he is proud to “complicate” the lives of undocumented immigrants in the state, and added that SB 529 is just the beginning of his fight against this phenomenon.

HISPANIC SUPPORT

Two Hispanics have joined forces with King in his fight, Lupe Moreno and Francisco Jorge, who make up part of the advisory committee of the Dustin Inman Society, and who despite being Hispanic are against illegal immigration.

Jorge, 55, lives in Mohave, Calif., where he learned of the struggle that exists for groups like King’s and decided to support his cause.

“I understand that a lot of people come to the United States illegally, and I understand that they are trying to solve an economic problem like every human being. But to solve a personal problem becomes a national one, so big that we have seen that we’re going to lose our country if this keeps up,” he said.

Jorge, of Cuban descent, came to the United States days before turning 7, and said he believes that allowing a human being violate the law by entering the U.S. illegally has caused problems that have killed U.S. citizens each year at the hands of illegal immigrants who are criminals. This is why he says that people like him are in a war with the federal government.

“The government has spent more than 30 years on this and doesn’t want to deal with it because there are certain elements within it and in cities that are corrupt. They say it’s illegal for people to come in without using the correct method, but the reality is that an illegal immigrant comes here and is exploited more because he is paid less,” he explained. “Businesses love that and the government benefits from it because both parties, Republicans and Democrats, get their money from the corporations, so then you’ve created a subclass of human beings.”

When he was just 14, Jorge realized there was a problem, and now warns that if bills like House Bill 4437 (presented by James Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.) and waiting for an answer from the Senate), which among other issues criminalizes undocumented immigrants and punishes those who help them, is not passed, he will continue his fight to defend his nation.

“We want a legal system that puts order to a situation that permits illegal aliens access and die trying to enter this country,” Jorge said.