Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DA Fails: Millions of Immigrant Children Considered Criminal

Dream Act Fails: Millions of Immigrant Children Considered Criminals
    Oct 25, 2007 09:33 PM EDT
    posted by Crystal Gutierrez
    KDBC 4 News

Millions of children cross over into the United States every year. Most are so young, they don't have a choice. But according to the law, if they stay they're committing a crime.

One measure, called the Dream Act, promised to change all of that. However, the Dream Act failed to pass the Senate majority vote again. By a measly eight senate votes, the act will be tabled once more, shutting out any hopes of legalization for immigrant children.

If the act had passed it would have granted citizenship for children who came into the United States, with family members, before they were 16.

One 23-year-old woman says she's lived in the U.S. for nearly seven years and has grown so accustomed to life in the states, that she even graduated from high school. Now she plans to go to college, but she wanted to do it legally.

Since the majority of the Senate said "No" to the Dream Act, her dream of becoming a legal citizen was taken away again. She says, she did not commit a crime, but merely did as her mother told her.

The U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce says, "Our Senate has chosen not to legally recognize children that committed no crime other than obey their parents."

However, according to the Federation for Immigration Reform, "defeat of the Dream Act is an important victory for Americans...the public will not be fooled by efforts to enact amnesty piece by piece."

This is the second time Senators have tried to push the Dream Act through, with no success.
    http://www.kdbc.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... =menu608_2
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    No the parents are criminals ... the children are thrown into this mess because the parents want anchor babies to bleed sympathy
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel for the kids, they really are the innocents. My problem isn't with them, its with the parents who subject their kids to all of this. Even though I can understand the parents plight in wanting so much more for their kids, (no different than us), the law is the law. Maybe, just maybe we wouldn't feel quite as we do, but being invaded by millions just is not right in any way, regardless of circumstances.

A nation has an obligation to its people and Mexico has failed horribly. Fault also lies with these illegal aliens, in that they leave rather than fight for what they want in their own country.

Unfortunately our country is failing us horribly at this time on this issue and a few others. Where did Washington get the idea that they no longer are indebted to citizens? Where did they find these ideas that put them above our constitutions ideas and policies? Are our current laws written in disappearing ink? Seems to be, since they do not enforce them.

I am really afraid of what is happening in this country. Its scary. Its tearing the fiber of this country. When our own politicians call us racists, when we fight them over this issue, when we are trying to keep control of our own country, what does that say?

It disgusts me with their actions, disloyalties and sympathy. Sympathy is a good thing, but in this case is being used as a tool and not an emotion. Emotion has no business in the practical day by day governing of a nation, in my opinion. Its the facts, the realities, our laws that count. We cannot sustain these millions upon millions. It is not our responsibility. Our responsibility is to this nations citizens and legal immigrants, not illegal aliens.

I know I will remember this and keep it fresh in my mind come each and every election from this time forward. I will keep voting against any who do not support our laws and values, who want to give away this country to the lowest bidder, keep us in spiraling debt, wage wars under false pretense. Its time for a bit of isolation from all this turmoil, forget globalization. That I believe is the root of this problem and many others we are facing. We are stretched too far and wide and have no business doing so. We have to regain control over our country and deprive the "elites." A nations government has no business being controlled by profit seeking corporations, in our case, our government is supposed to be controlled by this nations citizens.

Hey POL's guess what, remember: BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE?
    Get in in your head, because we are taking back what's ours and if you don't like it, you better start looking elsewhere. YOU WOKE THE SLEEPING LION AND WE ARE ROARING! then again, maybe you have woken the T-Rex in us!

Re: DA Fails: Millions of Immigrant Children Considered Crim

One 23-year-old woman says she's lived in the U.S. for nearly seven years.Since the majority of the Senate said "No" to the Dream Act, her dream of becoming a legal citizen was taken away again. She says, she did not commit a crime, but merely did as her mother told her.

At the age of 18, this woman was no longer obligated to do as her mother told her. She was free to return to her home country and begin the process of coming here legally for the purpose of attending school. That was five years ago. Had she done the right thing she would not be in the position she is now. So yes, while her parents initially brought her here illegally, they are no longer responsible for her. She chose to remain here illegally and has no one to blame but herself.

Perhaps I should have clarified. I mean the children who still require the daily care by their parents, mostly younger children, though at seventeen she still is young enough to need that, but she is capable of living on her own.

Its true though that these kids become Americanized and have little or no notion of their parents and their country of origin when taken here as babies and toddlers. They are innocent. Choice is the defining word, I guess. Babies and young children have none.

I am not going to make apologies for the U.S. insisting that our laws be upheld.

Her anger or disappointment needs to be with her parents.

Yes, this is unfortunate. Yes, I feel badly.

But I understand the importance of not providing an incentive for other people to enter our country illegally by rewarding this illegal activity.

Even President Bush agrees that this would only serve to increase illegal immigration.

Now THAT'S pretty serious! This bill was a disaster. We just have to face "reality" and so do those who are in the U.S. illegally and even those whose parents put them in this situation.

Sad, but true.

Wake up parents around the world......you don't drag your kids into other countries ILLEGALLY!!

The time and energy spent dragging young children through the conditions the parents put them through would have been better spent staying in their own country and collectively improving the living conditions there. Instead they give-up on their own place of origin and come here demanding their rights and declaring they are victims of the U.S. citizens/taxpayers.

We never asked them to come here and drag the little kids. I would never of put my small children thru hell to go to another country and demand from their citizens.

So, go home and improve your country, take the kids and leave.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

One 23-year-old woman says she's lived in the U.S. for nearly seven years and has grown so accustomed to life in the states, that she even graduated from high school. Now she plans to go to college, but she wanted to do it legally.
    Good!! Now, fill out the proper paperwork and get your ass at the end of the line!!!

Moving to News.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    Good!! Now, fill out the proper paperwork and get your ass at the end of the line!!!
    OMG, I could not have said it better myself. You are in my country illegally= criminal.

One 23-year-old woman says she's lived in the U.S. for nearly seven years and has grown so accustomed to life in the states
    What this means is that she has grown so used to the cushy life of sponging off the US taxpayer that she cannot imagine returning to her home country where she would not be showered with all these benefits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast