Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:08 AM
    Subject: Re: Outrageous!!!!!

Thank you for your comments.

Jessica Bruder

** just checked my aol mail from where i sent the email to this lady,
    these are the only comments i got also

Irresponsible journalism at it's finest. What a hag.
    ( STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT EMPLOYMENT - BOYCOTT FIELDALE FARMS, PILGRIMS PRIDE & TYSON POULTRY )

Wow, she actually wrote back:

she said:

Perhaps you've missed the rest of the Oregonian's ongoing coverage of this case, which has already explored many of the other angles you address: the murderers, their illegal status, the senseless and vicious nature of the crime.

These stories include:
    Jails vary in checks on inmate citizenship: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregonian/sto ... xml&coll=7
    Suspect stepped on girl's neck, police say:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/oregonian/sto ... xml&coll=7
    Cousins charged in strangling of teen:
    And my earlier story: Texas teen's death leaves grief, officials looking for answers:

Thanks for your comments. You might consider reading the other stories to put this article in context.

>>> I wrote:>>>
    I am absolutely disgusted by your portrayal of the young girl Dani Countryman who was raped and murdered in your city. Shame on you for digging up dirt about this poor girl and her family who was the victim of a brutal attack by illegal aliens. You also forgot to mention that. It's reporters like you who hide the truth from Americans that folks in this country illegally are killing, raping and maiming US citizens. Why are you protecting these scum? What if it were your own daughter or a family member was murdered by illegals? Would you be silencing the truth about the perpetrators then? Are you trashing this young lady to make it look like she deserved what happened to her? Once again, your article was totally unacceptable and you should apologize to this family at once. Then, please quit your job. You and your so-called newspaper should be deeply ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I am absolutely disgusted by this hit piece on the deceased.

What in the hell does Dani Countryman's family dirty laundry have to do with her rape and murder?

Her mother lost her hair due to cancer?!?!? Her dad smokes crack and is in jail !?!?! She dropped out of school !?!?!? She was molested by an older man and faced going to court to prosecute !??!? She did not have a stable home !?!?

Someone please tell me if I'm losing my mind here.

Since when do reporters contact family members of murder and rape victims, dig up all the dirt they can and launch it out in an article after the death?

If someone sees it differently, please tell me.

W
    William-

This sickens me as well. What does all of this have to do with the fact that she was brutely raped by two criminal illegal aliens. After the first illegal alien was done with her, he passed her on and, she had her neck stomped on while a second illegal alien raped her. She was strangled, beaten and dragged into another apartment, and discarded like a piece of trash!

What possible reason would that idiot reporter have to bring up this child's past along with her family's background? Was that meant to make her look bad, and the illegal aliens look like "schoolboys gone wrong"? Like boys will be boys?!
    That reporter is the lowest of pond scum and he should loose his right to write or report news EVER again.

Bringing up Dani's past childhood problems, in no way changes my mind about those two illegal aliens animals. They deserve a life in prison with the most HARSH AND GRUESOME PUNISHMENT allowed.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wrote jessicabruder @news.oregonian dot com:

RE: Dani's death: The darkness wins

You have the audacity to write private and irrelevant things about a young girl's life. A mere child who was stood upon and suffocated for depraved sex by two grown men! Were you trying to dirty the girl's image to make the crime of less importance? Do you know her personally and feel that she was deserving of what happened? Are you trying to show that the murder was her own fault? The girl was only 15 years old! Or is it to obscure the fact that the horror was perpetrated by illegal aliens who should not be in this country in the first place? Two sick perverted cousins I might add that overpowered the girl and willfully murdered her! What kind of insensitive journalist are you? I hope you get fired!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

I also wrote expressing my disgust.
    ( STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT EMPLOYMENT - BOYCOTT FIELDALE FARMS, PILGRIMS PRIDE & TYSON POULTRY )

Jessica Bruder Oregonian

I read most of the articles she sent you back , the links.
    Well some of those articles are lame as well , trash Journalism trying to support trash journalism.

Well, what do you know. I wrote her back, and she responded again.

she wrote:

If you've been following the Oregonian's ongoing coverage of this case, you'll know this was only one story in a series that has already explored just about every other angle you address: the murderers, their illegal status, the senseless and vicious nature of their crime.

These stories include:
    Jails vary in checks on inmate citizenship: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregonian/sto ... xml&coll=7
    Suspect stepped on girl's neck, police say:
    Cousins charged in strangling of teen:
    And my earlier story: Texas teen's death leaves grief, officials looking for answers:

Letting the brutal manner of Dani's death gloss over the brutality of her daily life would not be a service to the truth, nor would it be a service to the thousands of children in our community who are quietly neglected and forced to grow up to quickly, without the love and support that should be each child's birthright.

This poor girl deserved to have a better life while she was living it, and the tragedy of her death doesn't erase that one bit, to my mind.

But thanks for your comments. I respectfully recommend that you -- and other readers of the forum where the story has apparently been posted -- read the other stories for a sense of context.

Jessica Bruder

I had written:

My point is, why did you dig up dirt on the victim at all? That information
    has nothing to do with why she was brutally murdered. It should not have been the focus of your article. I don't read your newspaper. I read this particular article posted on a forum having to do with illegal immigration. I'm sure you've heard from others by now.

She wrote me back the exact same thing.

MY EMAIL TO EXECUTIVE EDITOR BHATIA:

Peter Bhatia
    Executive Editor
    The Oregonian

08/15/07 4:25 PM
    Jessica Bruder's latest article on Dani Countryman's murder by two illegal
    aliens is absolutely disgusting and she should be ashamed and fired for
    writing such garbage. This young child was raped by two illegal aliens who should never have stepped foot into our country.
    Without Oregon's "sancturary policies", her life would not have been destroyed.
    For Ms Bruder to bring up a young child's family background and troubles while growing up is dispicable. THIS REPORTER NEEDS TO BE FIRED!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/quote]
    Thank you for your e-mail, but I couldn't disagree more. Dani Countryman had a tough life and it ended tragically. The Sunday story was simply an attempt to document her life. And it did it in a sympathetic and appropriate fashion.
    She is a victim and that's what the story was about.
    As for the immigration status of the two men charged in her death, we are well aware of that and, in fact, were the first to report that last week. Thanks for taking the time to write us.

Peter Bhatia
    Executive Editor
    The Oregonian
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast