Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

David Vitter: Marco Rubio ‘nuts’ on immigration

David Vitter: Marco Rubio ‘nuts’ on immigration
    January 30, 2013 12:32 PM EST
    By MACKENZIE WEINGER
    Sen. David Vitter on Wednesday called Florida Sen. Marco Rubio “amazingly naïve” and “nuts” on the issue of immigration and slammed the new bipartisan reform proposal as “ridiculous.”
    The Louisiana Republican told “The Laura Ingraham Show” that the blueprint unveiled by a group of eight senators is a plan that mirrors the “same old” failed immigration reform of 1986. Rubio’s belief that enforcement mechanisms will work this time around is “just amazingly naïve,” Vitter said.

“I love and respect Marco. I think he’s just amazingly naïve on this issue,” Vitter said. “This is the same old formula that we’ve dealt with before, including when it passed in 1986, and that is promises of enforcement and immediate amnesty. And of course, the promises of enforcement never materialize. The amnesty happens immediately — the millisecond the bill is signed into law, and the same is true here. No, they won’t be citizens immediately. They will be legal.”
    “Citizenship is guaranteed at that point as a practical matter,” he added.
    Vitter said that if the Florida Republican doesn’t think legal status offers a pathway to citizenship, “he’s nuts.”

“Look, as soon as you give these people a legal status, to say that you’re going to reverse that is ridiculous,” Vitter said. “It’ll never happen. As soon as you give them a legal status, they are here legally forever and probably they’re citizens pretty darn soon after. And if Marco thinks no matter what happens or doesn’t happen on the enforcement side that’s not going to happen, I just think he’s nuts.”
    Ingraham responded that Rubio has said the proposed commission will determine whether the enforcement is in place and that will then ensure it is “truly comprehensive.”
    “Who’s going to appoint this commission?” Vitter replied. “You know Janet Napolitano was a border governor, you know. Are we going to have a commission full of Janet Napolitanos? That’s really going to ensure enforcement, right?

“Well, you know, I’m trying to play devil’s advocate here as best as I can,” Ingraham said with a laugh.
    The radio host added that she thinks Rubio has been “roped into this gang of eight” and that while the senator has the “best of intentions,” she has a number of questions about the proposal’s framework.
    Vitter, meanwhile, said Rubio’s comment that he won’t support the final legislation if enforcement mechanisms aren’t in place is “ridiculous” given who the current president is.
    “I think it’s particularly ridiculous to say, ‘we really mean it this time, enforcement is going to happen under President Obama.’ It didn’t happen under Reagan, but it’s going to happen under President Obama?” Vitter said.
    © 2013 POLITICO LLC

David Vitter: Marco Rubio
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-30-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I wish is the pro-amnesty crowd would explain to "taxpayers" how 20-30 million more people benefit America at this time,our system is in decline, less manufacturing, dollar value in decline, poor schools and increasing cost, simply does not make sense to increase our population with millions more poor and or under educated folks no matter how good or hard working they may be.

One thing is certain more will come after an amnesty is announced, welfare rolls will increase, school enrollment will grow, crime will increase. All negatives IMO. I would compare the amnesty idea to a family of 5 who are unemployed inviting 20 family members also unemployed to come live with them.

Clean up corruption in DC first, secure the borders and not fake statistics as we have now, moratorium of 5 years on any new immigration then a yearly quota along with no benefits for current illegals in this country and job verification of social security numbers,then we can talk.

What we need so bad now is a time of calm, cease the rope-a-dope bull and let the country and it's people regain what it once had, common sense.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Illegals will always collect benefits as long as citizenship is bestowed upon their offspring. Birthright citizenship is a major factor in the rapid demographic change in this country and will be responsible for the ever increasing "Hispanic vote". Whatever it takes, it needs to end.

Study: 4 million 'illegal' immigrant children are native-born citizens (through 200 Study: 4 million 'illegal' immigrant children are native-born citizens - CNN

now, 4 years later, a likely 5.5 million

scroll down through
    Forums for Justice - government of the people, by the people, for the people - Birthright Citizenship http://bit.ly/fvesJQ