Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Day Laborers Rally On Capitol Hill

Day Laborers Rally On Capitol Hill
    Immigrant Works Call For Moratorium On Immigration Raids

POSTED: 7:35 pm EDT August 2, 2007
    UPDATED: 7:45 pm EDT August 2, 2007

WASHINGTON -- Immigrant workers from Virginia, Maryland and around the country converged on Capitol Hill Thursday, calling for a national moratorium on immigration raids.

Every day, 117,000 immigrant day laborers nationwide stand outside day labor sites or along busy thoroughfares awaiting work. It's caused a political clash in Herndon, Va., since the day labor center opened there in 2005.

Day laborers want legislators to fix what organizers of Thursday's rally call a broken immigration system.

"We're imploring, begging, demanding as well that the raids must stop," said Pablo Alvarado. "They are only shattering our families. They have to send a message to the Bush administration. They have to stop terrorizing our community."

Organizers from Casa of Maryland and the National Day Laborer Organizing Network call for a national moratorium on immigration raids until Congress can develop a comprehensive immigration reform bill.

New4's Cheryl Butler followed the Virginia contingency of Day laborers to the office of Rep. Jim Moran. Addressing the group in Spanish, Moran's chief of staff expressed empathy for the immigrant plight but described the political battle as a tough one.
    Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Hey, illegal day laborer, "It's not your community, it's mine and stop screaming at my government for help." You are the problem and I would add, "Stop terrorizing my community and go home".

Illegals are going to get more vocal and more violent. IMO Our DHS's lack of law enforcement is going to cause civil unrest if they don't start doing their jobs. Americans are sick of this colonization of our country.

The National Day Laborer Organizing Network....well isn't that just dandy. They have the audacity to have a national organization of illegal alien day laborers.

These people have taken brazen to a new level. Why can't ICE pull up to their headquarters and load them up for deportation?

Do you have a link?

by: Jimmy McFaken
    8hrs 53mins ago

Washington -- Today Senator Ted Kennedy stood outside his capitol hill office with illegal alien day laborers who were protesting recent crack downs chanting "Stop defending yourselves we only want to conquer you" and "I smuggled in the cocaine that got your daughter addicted"

After a few hours it appeared the chubby old man became very emotional. He started giving a speech into a megaphone, here is an excerpt: "I need cheap labor to keep my house clean and to do my lawn. Think of where Nancy Pelosi's vineyard would be if she couldn't hire illegal aliens? I love Mexico..." to which an on looker shouted "Prove It!"

It was then that Sen. Kennedy walked over to a day laborer. Gazed into his deep brown skin, placed his hands behind his head and began making out with him.

The crowd quickly broke up screaming "El hombre extraño". The man Sen. Kennedy was kissing then said in very broken english "Gays have rights too!"

[this was a completely fictional account, although extremely possible latino males should not be afraid to approach Sen. Kennedy. He doesn't bite... hard]

They have to stop terrorizing our community."
    Aaaargh!!!!!!

This is not THEIR community!!!!!!!

Nobody is terrorizing THEM!! THEY are terrorizing US. They are breaking into our country illegally, stealing our identifications, forging legal documents, stealing our jobs, lowering our wages, draining our social services, shutting down our emergency rooms, flooding our schools, turning our neighborhoods into slums....committing a high level of crime, not the least of which is driving under the influence and molesting children. Must I go on???

Just WHO is terrorizing WHOM???????
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Notice they all keep repeating "We want Comprehensive Immigration Reform" Translation "We Want Amnesty"

Comprehensive immigration Reform IS being put into place by cracking down on employers and giving more money to enforcement. It just Ain't what they had in mind or are DEMANDING we do !!!!!!!!

IDIOTS
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

What I find particularly egregious and disturbing is the large numbers of the third world (mod edit) that are assembled together to demonstrate at events, marches and government areas. Don't believe for a minute that every aspect of these things aren't carefully planned and controlled. La Raza and LULAC have vast sums of money from corporate America, the Ford Foundation, George Soros and even our own government. How else do you think the illegal aliens get to these events. They are rounded up from various communities, paid a sum to participate, transported in groups, given placards and demonstration materials and instructed in what to say. Not only are the illegal alien advocacy groups well organized they are so well funded that they can respond in mass to any event in any area at a moments notice. For example, witness Waukeagan. Thousands of illegals were immediately organized, paid, and bussed up from Chicago. Follow the money.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"They are only shattering our families. They have to send a message to the Bush administration. They have to stop terrorizing our community."
    You shatted your family when you left them back in "your community" called mejico!!