Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

A Day With Too Many Ignorant Nativists

http://www.ucsdguardian.org/cgi-bin/opi ... 6_05_04_02

Editorial: A Day With Too Many Ignorant Nativists
    On the Border: Immigration opponents say foreigners are pricey, but protests show they’re well worth the cost.

Like other supporters of immigrant rights who have embraced the globalization of our world, this board was at first very ambivalent about the protests that rocked the country earlier this week.

More than 1 million foreign-born residents and their allies participated in the “Day Without an Immigrant,” a coordinated set of rallies and a nationwide economic boycott; protestors blocked all but one lane of Interstate 5 at the Mexican border.

Such drama, we feared, would alienate the very citizens immigrants hope to rally in their attempt to block the draconian immigration overhaul passed by the House of Representatives: Nothing rocks white suburbia more than social unrest.

At the end, however, we come down on the side of the protestors. When residents of a state like California, where immigrant labor makes an integral contribution to the economy, complain about the evils of illegal immigration, and when its governor endorses a sequel to the Berlin Wall at the border, the time for drastic action has arrived.

As with Proposition 187, a 1994 California ballot measure forbidding illegal immigrants from using state social services (since blocked by the courts), most of the debate over immigration has lately focused on the cost society must bear for the migrants. The boycott showed us the benefits. After all, what better way to respond to someone who grumbles about rising healthcare costs (caused by uninsured immigrants relying on emergency room visits) and failing schools (result of too many Spanish-speaking kids) than to let bathrooms go uncleaned, strawberries go unpicked and breakfasts go unprepared?

For many protestors, participation in the rallies was worth sacrificing a day of already meager wages. Hopefully, they showed America that its meager investment in services for immigrants is similarly paying dividends.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Forgive my ignorance here,what grounds do the court system have in blocking a bill to exempt illegal immigrants, (who are breaking our laws in the first place just by being here) from collecting states benefits?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Forgive my ignorance here,what grounds do the court system have in blocking a bill to exempt illegal immigrants, (who are breaking our laws in the first place just by being here) from collecting states benefits?
    I have issue with that, it was UNCONSTITUTIONAL, but guess what, even though it was big news, Congress did nothing to block it nor did they issue articles of impeachment against the judge

Judge Pfaelzer issued a permanent injunction pending trial based upon the decision in the Texas case, Plyler v. Doe. Judge Pfaelzer asserted

"Texas tried to deny public education to illegal aliens. The Supreme Court ruled for the illegals, based on two pillars: 1) there were supposedly not enough illegal aliens students in Texas public schools to be a financial burden to Texas, and 2) Congress was contemplating an amnesty for illegal aliens in the U.S. (that occurred in 1986), and illegal alien students who were to be made legal would not be educated. Neither of those conditions existed in 1994."
    Texas and California should have been screaming bloody murder -- the STATES have RIGHTS under the Constitution , these illegal aliens had nothing

If the states can remember they do have rights, we could cut this thing off at the knees
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Mamie,

I talked to James Reza this week and I almost cried. He is the author of Asleep at the Wheel. He told me he was the only man standing up before Ft. Worth ISD, besides the KKK that showed up to support him. The Klan was hurting the cause more than helping. He told me his opposition was form all walks of life and they just refused to see the possible effects. He managed to get FTW ISD to keep illegal children out of the classroom. A judge named Wilson or Williams in Fed Court Houston overturned FTW's decision. Then it went on up the courts. He said, many educators felt the effects of this poor decision and that it hindered their ability to educate the American students. In essence, these teachers were teaching 50% of what they should have been because half of their time was spent with a few Spanish Speaking Students.

This is exactly the reason we should take the power out of the courts hands regarding illegal immigration. They don't use good judgment. It’s pretty clear in the Constitution that we are to preserve ourselves against invaders foreign and domestic. The laws need to be written in a manner that are final and clear. No illegal alien shall be allowed to... Leave no room from wack job interpretations.

James H. Reza is a Renaissance Man and he was fighting for my education. Bless him.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't understand all these people ... don't they know what it means to be an American citizen? What is it going to take for them to care about what's going on?

We need judicial reform -- we need Congressional reform,

we need the states to wake up, they aren't Asleep at the Wheel -- they are asleep in the backseat while the federal government is Asleep at the Wheel -- continue to rally in the state government and make border security an illegal invasion a state matter

I've reached the conclusion that neither the states nor Congress know what the Constitution that they took an oath to 'preserve, protect and defends' says ...
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I talked to James Reza this week and I almost cried. He is the author of Asleep at the Wheel. He told me he was the only man standing up before Ft. Worth ISD, besides the KKK that showed up to support him. The Klan was hurting the cause more than helping. He told me his opposition was form all walks of life and they just refused to see the possible effects. He managed to get FTW ISD to keep illegal children out of the classroom. A judge named Wilson or Williams in Fed Court Houston overturned FTW's decision. Then it went on up the courts. He said, many educators felt the effects of this poor decision and that it hindered their ability to educate the American students. In essence, these teachers were teaching 50% of what they should have been because half of their time was spent with a few Spanish Speaking Students.
    ^^ That's an understatement. Who is going to listen to you when you
    have the Klan as allies? ^^^^

Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Forgive my ignorance here,what grounds does the court system have in blocking a bill to exempt illegal immigrants, (who are breaking our laws in the first place just by being here) from collecting states benefits?
    I am with you. I do not understand how our country's legal and judicial system supportILLEGAL aliens rights??? I feel betrayed by my own country. So.....with those inane judgements, including those of suing for HOT coffee spilled on oneself, then is it too far-fetched to consider suing our own government, judges and congressmen for not protecting our rights? If there is a law against suing our government or its officials, I am sure as a group we could find some fame-seeking lawyer to handle a class action suit. Any thoughts?
    I am not trying to be flippant here...it is just dire straits call for dire measures and if idiots think out of the box, maybe so should we.
    A Patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. ~ Edward Abbey