Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dayton, TN resident charged with civil rights violation

http://www.rhea.xtn.net/index.php?table ... 812Friends

June Griffin charged with civil rights violation

ARRESTED Dayton resident June Griffin, an outspoken defender of the Bill of Rights and the Ten Commandments, displays a banner shortly before entering the Rhea County Jail Tuesday afternoon. She was arrested after a grand jury issued an indictment for civil rights intimidation, telephone harassment, theft of property worth less than $500 and vandalism. (Herald-News photo by Jim Ashley)

By: John B. Carpenter
    Source: The Herald-News
    08-09-2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June Griffin, of Dayton, a staunch defender of the Bill of Rights and Ten Commandments, was arrested Tuesday afternoon on a capias warrant for civil rights intimidation, telephone harassment, theft and vandalism.

A capias warrant is typically issued following an indictment by the grand jury. The Rhea County Grand Jury met in its bimonthly session Monday and issued 41 indictments, including 15 original indictments, one of which was Griffin’s.

Assistant District Attorney Jim Pope said he could not comment on an ongoing case.

Griffin was released on $5,000 bond Tuesday afternoon. She is scheduled for arraignment in Rhea County Circuit Court on Friday.

On July 20, Griffin walked into the Hispanic grocery at the corner of Market Street and Main Street in downtown Dayton. She yelled at the clerk and tore down a large Mexican flag hanging in the store, the store’s owner, Gilberto Mejia, told Dayton Police Officer Justin Jackson, according to Jackson’s report. She left the store with the flag, and pushed and kicked the door on her way out, reportedly damaging a hinge.

Griffin then called Mejia on his cell phone and left a message in which she told him to “learn to speak English or get out.” She also told him that hanging the Mexican flag inside America was wrong, according to Jackson’s report.

Jackson went to Griffin’s home in Dayton and had her write out a statement about the incident. She also returned Mejia’s flag, to which she had attached a business card. She had written on the card, “Speak English or leave!” and “Remember the Alamo!” Jackson reported.

Civil rights intimidation is a Class D felony. Phone harassment, theft of property worth less than $500 and vandalism are all Class A misdemeanors.

John Carpenter can be reached at jcarpenter@xtn.net.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

and pushed and kicked the door on her way out, reportedly [quote:3tidnxeg]damaging a hinge.
    Oh NO, NOT a hinge!!
    [/quote:3tidnxeg]

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    and pushed and kicked the door on her way out, reportedly [quote:10q6dpxa]damaging a hinge.
    Oh NO, NOT a hinge!!
    [/quote:10q6dpxa]

Yes, gofer, it all seems so silly compared to what civil rights violations the opposition has been allowed to get away with. Let's see, this woman's vandalism involved a possible broken door hinge when she slammed a door. How vandalizing and awful!

The rest of her petty crimes seem just that, petty, if they were even crimes. And, she did return that Mexican flag while the opposition burned some USA flags during their protests.

To top it all off, this woman was accused of phone harassment for telling the owner of a Mexican store to speak English or leave. Once more I repeat:

Again, the opposition has gotten away with much, much more. Go figure!
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

So the next time I get called a derogatory racist name like “Gringo” or told to “Go back to Europe”, I should holler for the police to arrest them for violating my Civil Rights and intimidating me?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    So the next time I get called a derogatory racist name like “Gringo” or told to “Go back to Europe”, I should holler for the police to arrest them for violating my Civil Rights and intimidating me?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need to award this lady with a medal for taking a stand for her country and paying the price.

Civil rights intimidation
    What civil right did she violate?

It they are illegals, they have no civil rights in the United States.

The right to fly the Mexican Flag in America?
    The right to not hear someone tell you to speak English?
    The right to not be called on the phone and told “learn to speak English or get out.”
    The right to not be told that hanging the Mexican flag inside America was wrong.

Sounds like a lot of freedom of speech to me and minor criminal behavior.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie,

I agree. This lady in no way deserved to be arrested and charged as she was. The illegals get away with much worse. Citizens should have more rights than non-citizens! We pay taxes to support the wealthy or close to it lifestyles of our traitorous politicians.

NIIANNIE