Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DC: Loitering illegals indicate skewed priorities

Loitering illegals indicate skewed priorities

January 10, 2008

By Tom Knott - There is a growing sense of desperation at the Home Depot on Rhode Island Avenue Northeast, where the Third World denizens hanging out in the parking lot implore the home-improvement shoppers to hire them away for the day.

The Hispanic day laborers stand in front of slow-moving automobiles and motion their availability. Or they walk up to those either entering or leaving the store and make a plea in mostly Spanish. This has come to be the unpleasant shopping experience at the Home Depot in the city, which is enough to force one to drive to the Home Depot at the intersection of Connecticut and Georgia avenues in Montgomery County or to the Home Depot at Seven Corners in Falls Church.

It should come as no surprise the congregation on Rhode Island Avenue is growing in numbers, for lawmakers have made it clear that ours is a sanctuary city. No one is inclined to enforce our laws, only ignore them with the conviction this serves a nobler purpose.

I am inclined to ignore the unsatisfied-parking-ticket notice that came to the house the other day. It seems, unknowingly, I parked in one of those car-sharing spots on 18th Street Northwest in Adams Morgan, and one of the alert parking-enforcement officials caught this gross infraction that could have led to someone"s death.

By the way, writing parking tickets is the principal activity on the 18th Street commercial strip. People are under the misguided impression that Adams Morgan is a bustling neighborhood stuffed with pedestrians. Unfortunately for the small-business owners there, most of the pedestrians are employed by the D.C. government and are instructed to write as many tickets as possible, which means they do not have time to frequent the establishments there.

Many of these ticket-writing workaholics hide behind trash cans or pretend to be homeless before sprinting to an automobile to cite an infraction, often while the driver is walking the 50 feet to purchase a parking slip from a meter.

Our city is extremely serious about parking enforcement, and yet remains ever timid about the aggressive illegal aliens besieging the poor Home Depot on Rhode Island Avenue.

The illegal aliens have a reason to be desperate. The housing industry is undergoing a correction, contractors and builders are not as busy as they once were, and home prices are tumbling. Or so it is being reported by apocalyptic real-estate writers. Row houses in Georgetown that fetched as much as $1.5 million a year ago are now being offered at $299,000, with motivated sellers attempting to lure potential buyers with flat-screen televisions, a new automobile and a tuition credit.

The housing correction, of course, is trickling down to the illegal aliens. If the home you purchased at the height of the housing craze is now worth less than the BMW sitting in your driveway, you feel a lot less motivated to hire a crew of illegal aliens to paint and landscape the premises.

This undoubtedly is stoking the anxiety of the illegal aliens at the Home Depot. Or maybe the wild-eyed look on their faces is a sign they merely need to go to the nearby row houses to relieve their weak bladders, which is a recurring complaint of the residents there.

Apparently, there are no loitering laws on the books in the city that apply to illegal aliens, which is understandable. They do not have to play by our rules. I am thinking one of the illegal aliens should set up a hot dog stand at the entrance of the Home Depot. That at least would be convenient for the police officer who is parked at the Home Depot entrance for decorative purposes only.

Home Depot"s executives cannot be happy they took a chance on the city, and now the city"s lawmakers have allowed this store to become a de-facto refugee center that encourages shoppers to go elsewhere.

http://washingtontimes.com/article/2008 ... 42437/1004
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Most Americans are now re-discovering their friendly local hardware stores, where illegal loiterers are nowhere to be seen.

Home Depot and Lowe's have got to be taking a beating on the stock market.

I mean, who wants to be hassled by day laborers every time you go to a Home Depot? It's not worth the hassle and they can get dangerous. I won't even consider stopping at ANY business that has day laborers squatting nearby.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Home Depot"s executives cannot be happy they took a chance on the city, and now the city"s lawmakers have allowed this store to become a de-facto refugee center that encourages shoppers to go elsewhere.

I will be happy to be one of the first to let Home Depot know about this. I'm entirely sure they won't be happy that one of their stores, which should be making a small fortune, might just end up being a huge flop if the illegals are not run off.

I know that in our area, we have Home Depot and Lowe's just opened a few months ago. In all the time Home Dept has been there, there has never been a day laborer problem because they ended the gathering before it had a chance to even get really started.

Lowe's hung out the "unwelcome" sign right from the opening day also.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Only shop where signs are in English

I wrote Lowes a leter when I went in and they now have signs in English & Spanish. Their reply to me was they are a "Diverse company" Home Depot has the same signs.

Well living in Alaska I would think the sign might be yepin or another native language...

I only buy from local store now; I pay a few cents more but less time to get there and no spanish signs.

I will no longer drink Miller bear because they gave $30,000 to the illegal alien march in 2005 (I think that was the year in Chicago)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I no longer do Home Depot and Lowe's and for that matter any other store that openly panders to the Illegal Aliens

I haven't gotten too excited about reports that illegals are packing up and leaving. Except in places like Arizona and Oklahoma which have enacted strict regulations to thwart their job solicitation and employment, they are obviously willing to keep hanging on. If they are being chased out of the US I think it is for purely economic motives: the housing boom has tanked and they don't know how to do remodeling! They know how to do routine production work and landscaping.

If we go into a deep recession, like the 1980's, we might see a wholesale exodus, but that would take interest rates going back to ten or twelve percent, instead of the five where the FED seems to be headed. The economic solution is kind of like bloodletting: we might stop the disease but the patient comes close to dying, too. The better answer is more state-legislated enforcement laws.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David