Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That's it Howard. Just keep on talking....

After all, it's an election year and I'm a Republican.

YYYEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!

Banned
    Well. Howard still hasn't responded to my letter....He must be

Dean is an idiot. After this stunt I'm contacting my local and state Democratic HQ to tell them to demand an apology from Dean for his "bush." [lie] I just wish I would have caught wind of this story while I was talking with Dems yesterday who support enforcement. They would have been outraged by Dean's press release.

Does everyone see the picture here? You've got Bush deamonizing the Minutemen (and women) and Dean deamonizing them.

The behind the scenes lobbyists are hard at work making their quid pro quo deals with these fools and the American people are the marks.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

[quote="PinestrawGuys"]I had to write this, even if he never bothers to read it.

2/10/06

Howard Dean
    Democratic National Committee

Sir:

I write to you today as a concerned, life-long Democrat who has begun to feel abandoned by the party I grew up with. As a child of the 60’s, I still remember a joke I heard my father tell during the ’64 elections.

Q. What did LBJ see every time he stood in front of the toilet?
    A. Goldwater

Not really funny, but my Dad hated Republicans. And so did I. 42 years later, I am finding little to keep me tied to my father’s party. The latest outrage being your statement made today concerning the Minuteman organization.

You said, "If President Bush were serious about comprehensive immigration reform, he would reject the anti-immigrant fervor on display today, and revisit his half hearted guest worker program whose piecemeal approach fails to address this critical issue. I call on President Bush, Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, House Speaker Dennis Hastert, and Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman to denounce today's divisive Minuteman rally and to join Democrats in offering a real comprehensive approach to reforming our nation's immigration policy.

First, the term ‘anti-immigrant’ is deceptive and untrue. These people are not anti immigrant, they’re anti ILLEGAL immigrant. There’s a big difference between the two, as I am sure you can see. What the Minutemen want is to stem the tide of ILLEGAL immigration across our borders. With an estimated 15 – 20 million ILLEGAL immigrants already in this country I can’t say as I blame them. Legal immigration is not being challenged, and I welcome with open arms the honest, law-abiding people who have followed the rule of law to avail themselves of the ‘American Dream’.

Secondly, calling their rally divisive is disingenuous, at best. In poll after poll, over 70% of LEGAL voters want our borders protected and the massive influx of ILLEGAL aliens stopped. This sentiment crosses all political affiliations, all income levels and all races. It is hardly divisive.

You then went on to say, "Democrats are committed to strengthening our borders and enforcing our immigration laws, but there is no place in this debate for the reckless scapegoating of immigrants, nor the private vigilantism that only fosters hostility against them. President Bush's failure to provide leadership on immigration reform and to enforce our border laws is leaving state and local governments to bear the burden. Americans need effective leadership and solutions, not the Karl Rove playbook on divisiveness.â€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12