Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Debating illegals: A plethora of nuts

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-rev ... 31989.html

Debating illegals: A plethora of nuts

Sunday, March 12, 2006

In the same week a new study concluded that up to 12 million illegal aliens are living in the United States, their nutty apologists came out of the woodwork:

In seeking advice on how to deal with the crush of illegals in Suffolk County, N.Y., Executive Steve Levy organized a conference that rightly included the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) and Numbers USA, two quite legitimate groups diligently working the problem.

Critics smeared both, likening them to another group they do not like - the Sachem Quality of Life Organization - and intimated that all are hate groups. The far-Left Southern Poverty Law Center chimed in, smearing FAIR as previously being on "the cusp" of being a hate group.

As the debate unfolded on Capitol Hill over tougher immigration rules, Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., warned that Republicans want a massive hunt for illegals, turning the country into a "police state."

Mrs. Clinton was speaking to hundreds of the newest wave of illegal Irish immigrants - members of the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform - who took buses from New York City to Washington for the debate. The lawbreakers demanded "action"; the euphemism of the hour - "earned-legalization." It's amnesty.

Criminalizing illegal immigrants is wrong, Clinton said.

It's the kind of "logic" that will tear this republic asunder.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Criminalizing illegal immigrants is wrong, Clinton said.

It's the kind of "logic" that will tear this republic asunder.
    Well, isn't someone who commits a crime a criminal? And isn't living in the US and crossing the border illegally a crime? So what in the hell is Clinton trying to say?
    And people who can't keep their pants zipped sort of stir up the pot a little, too, especially when they live in the White House.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It looks like things are starting to get ugly.

Mrs. Clinton was speaking to hundreds of the newest wave of illegal Irish immigrants - members of the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform - who took buses from New York City to Washington for the debate. The lawbreakers demanded "action"; the euphemism of the hour - "earned-legalization." It's amnesty.
    Personally I LOVE Irish immigrants. I love the way they look. I love the way they talk. And I would love to have them all stay here but I want them to be LEGAL citizens just like I want the rest to be legal. To me, this is like throwing out my own people. I am more Irish than I am anything else because that is who I choose to identify with in my mixed bag of nationalities. But an illegal alien who is Irish is not different in my eyes than an illegal alien who is German, Polish, Mexican, Italian, Columbian, Greek, Russian---- shall I go on?

It would seem to me that those people who communicate fluently in English because, even though there are different colloquialisms and slightly different spellings of the same words, would have even less of an excuse to let their visas expire. And it would seem to me that it would be easier for them to obtain sponsorship to get a new visa since there are millions of established Irish families in this country. Sorry, no excuses for them, either, as much as it tears my heart up.

The Hispanic people seem to feel that the people who don't want illegal aliens here are only picking on them. That is definitely not the case. And by drawing attention to themselves, those Irish people may just have signed their own deportation papers because there are less of them and they are much easier to sort out than the Hispanics with forged documents by the millions.