Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judy wrote:
    Texas2step wrote:
    "At least DeFazio has the courage to bring this approach up! He is, I believe, a liberal Democrat who nevertheless regularly sticks to-and speaks up about-his principles when if they are, as in this case, not popular. Sen. Dorgan (D-ND), who initially worked so hard to keep Mexican trucks out of the country, later said that it was a "safety issue", and that he had no problem with having Mexican trucks in the country as long as they are safe. Perhaps DeFazio's bringing this up this way will reopen the subject of NAFTA as a whole, together with Obama'a campaign promise to "re-examine" the treaty, although that's perhaps too much to hope for. I have a lot of respect for Rep. DeFazio.

"Yes, I think you're right since he's one of the co-sponsors of HB 4759 to withdraw the United States from NAFTA in its entirety! Get on the phones people, here is the text of this wonderful little bill that will start the ball rolling on protecting US trade and saving the US economy from the ravages of free trade treason:"

Reply:
    Thank you for posting this! Judy is right: these men and women deserve our support for sponsoring and co-sponsoring this legislation! Originally this was offered as a proposed House Resolution by former Rep. Virgil Goode (R-VA), who also was co-author with former CA Congressman Duncan Hunter (Sr.) of the excellent TRUE Bill on immigration reform. (Unforuntunately Deep Sixed by Rep. Sennenbrenner and replaced with his H.R. 3341.) The only Democratic co-sponsor of the original resolution was Gene Taylor of MS, who is the author of this bill. I see Dem. Bart Stupak, who is holding out on the healthcare bill on the issue of abortion, is one of an encouraging number of co-sponsors. The original resolution only had Goode, Walter Jones, and Taylor, as I recall.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    Judy wrote:
    Texas2step wrote:
    "At least DeFazio has the courage to bring this approach up! He is, I believe, a liberal Democrat who nevertheless regularly sticks to-and speaks up about-his principles when if they are, as in this case, not popular. Sen. Dorgan (D-ND), who initially worked so hard to keep Mexican trucks out of the country, later said that it was a "safety issue", and that he had no problem with having Mexican trucks in the country as long as they are safe. Perhaps DeFazio's bringing this up this way will reopen the subject of NAFTA as a whole, together with Obama'a campaign promise to "re-examine" the treaty, although that's perhaps too much to hope for. I have a lot of respect for Rep. DeFazio.

"Yes, I think you're right since he's one of the co-sponsors of HB 4759 to withdraw the United States from NAFTA in its entirety! Get on the phones people, here is the text of this wonderful little bill that will start the ball rolling on protecting US trade and saving the US economy from the ravages of free trade treason:"

Reply:
    Thank you for posting this! Judy is right: these men and women deserve our support for sponsoring and co-sponsoring this legislation! Originally this was offered as a proposed House Resolution by former Rep. Virgil Goode (R-VA), who also was co-author with former CA Congressman Duncan Hunter (Sr.) of the excellent TRUE Bill on immigration reform. (Unforuntunately Deep Sixed by Rep. Sennenbrenner and replaced with his H.R. 3341.) The only Democratic co-sponsor of the original resolution was Gene Taylor of MS, who is the author of this bill. I see Dem. Bart Stupak, who is holding out on the healthcare bill on the issue of abortion, is one of an encouraging number of co-sponsors. The original resolution only had Goode, Walter Jones, and Taylor, as I recall.
    You're most welcome, Texas2step!

Yes! Its support is growing, and will continue to do so!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12