Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DeMint Statement On Immigration Deal

DeMint Statement on Immigration Deal

May 17th, 2007 - Washington, D.C. - Today, U.S. Senator DeMint made the following statement:

"I hope we don't take a thousand page bill written in secret and try to ram it through the Senate in a few days. This is a very important issue for America and we need time to debate it."

"But the little we do know about the bill is troubling. According to reports, the bill contains a new 'Z Visa' that allows those who entered our country illegally to stay here permanently without ever returning home. This rewards people who broke the law with permanent legal status, and puts them ahead of millions of law-abiding immigrants waiting to come to America. I don't care how you try to spin it, this is amnesty."

MORE on Immigration:
    ** DeMint OpEd on RealClearPolitics.com - Responsible Immigration Reform

Senator DeMint is chairman of the Senate Steering Committee, a caucus of conservative senators that includes the majority of the Republican Conference.

###

http://demint.senate.gov/index.cfm?Fuse ... ase_id=470
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Thank you Senator DeMint!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Keep these coming. We can still fight this!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Thank you, Senator DeMint. From what we're hearing on talk radio you may not feel too lonely with your stand on Monday.

"I hope we don't take a thousand page bill written in secret and try to ram it through the Senate in a few days. This is a very important issue for America and we need time to debate it."
    Harry, wave the white flag of surrender, Reid wants this bill rushed through the senate as rapidly as possible. The LAST thing he wants is any debate.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>