Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democrat Rep. Matheson: I'll Vote for Holder's Contempt

Democrat Rep. Matheson: I'll Vote for Holder's Contempt

Wednesday, 27 Jun 2012 07:35 AM
    By Martin Gould

Attorney General Eric Holder’s chances of surviving a contempt of Congress vote looked even bleaker Wednesday as Democrat Rep. Jim Matheson broke ranks and said he will vote in favor of the motion.

Furthermore, Matheson — the sole Democrat in Utah’s congressional delegation — blasted President Barack Obama’s decision to invoke executive privilege to withhold documents in the Fast and Furious gun-smuggling scandal to protect Holder.

“It just compounds the tragedy when both sides play politics instead of releasing the facts,” he told the Salt Lake Tribune, saying that both Congress and the family of slain Border Patrol agent Brian Terry deserve answers.
    “Sadly, it seems that it will take holding the attorney general in contempt to communicate that evasiveness is unacceptable,” Matheson said.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Democrat Rep. Matheson: I'll Vote for Holder's Contempt
    Last edited by Newmexican; 06-28-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn