Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar

Dem's Deep Distress Over Our New Ruling Oligarchy's Amnesty

May 03, 2009

Democrat's Deep Distress Over Our New Ruling Oligarchy's Amnesty Plans
    By Donald A. Collins

Talk about illegal alienation! Yep, the new ruling oligarchy now plans THIS YEAR to try to implement without US citizen approval and against our interests in a time of economic distress (or is that depression?) another Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill–which all of us understand is an amnesty bill for at least 12 million people now in our country ILLEGALLY.

As the Federation for American Immigration (FAIR) reports on April 30:

"Two years ago, a small group of senators emerged from behind closed doors with a bill offering amnesty to illegal aliens, cheap foreign workers to business interests, and vague promises of immigration enforcement. Despite that bill being overwhelmingly opposed by the American public, the U.S. Senate is laying the groundwork yet again. The Senate Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Refugees, chaired by Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), is today holding a hearing on so-called "comprehensive immigration reform," legislation that would grant amnesty to the estimated 12 million illegal aliens living in America."

[Senate Immigration Subcommittee Hearing Unfairly Stacked With Witnesses Favoring Amnesty, Says FAIR]

You know, illegal aliens. Not undocumented workers, not poor downtrodden souls from functionally un-functioning countries, but people who at the urging of our greedy businesses and their mouthpieces, some labor unions, the Latino lobbies, and the Roman Catholic Church, are going to get a further free run at our tax supported services and our vanishing jobs, particularly those at the lower wage levels, although good Middle Class jobs are increasingly at risk to the burgeoning H-1B crowd.

I know you will remember what a great job the Republican ruling oligarchy did NOT do in many areas. But certainly some in the party deserve credit for the Mexican border fence, enabling E-verify, and some enforcement raids on illegal employers.

I am really a conflicted Democrat. I applaud what Obama is trying to accomplish in righting our listing economic ship. But I am horrified at the continuing obeisance which he and his administration pay to these Hispanic lobbies, which are truly unrepresentative of many US citizens of Hispanic origin. These citizens and all of us will be deeply affected by any amnesty, now and later.

Ignoring the economic implication of this proposed new amnesty, this latest hearing in the Senate is really just trying to figure out how to slam us citizens. It arrogance again is well expressed by FAIR:

"The hearing is revealingly entitled "Comprehensive Immigration Reform in 2009, Can We Do It and How?" Based on the disproportionate number of invited special interest witnesses who represent illegal aliens and business interests, the testimony of today's hearing appears designed to simply affirm the manner of timing of an amnesty with little or no discussion as to the actual merits of enacting it. Notably missing is any proportional representation of the American public who want immigration laws enforced and competition for jobs and wages from illegal aliens reduced."

Hey, they don't want voices of reason, just voices of assent.

Remember the last big amnesty in 1986?

Again FAIR's Bob Dane describes what happened then perfectly in this same press release:

"Sen. Schumer was one of the key authors of the failed 1986 experiment that granted amnesty to some 3 million illegal aliens. Schumer candidly admitted last week that “No one believed [the 1986 bill] was tough enough on illegal immigration," but neither he nor other supporters of that bill said so publicly at the time."

Just like Senator Kennedy did in 1965, when that legislation was supposed to bring us just 60,000 more new arrivals.

What I guess gets this Democrat so angry is the blatant arrogance of this new ruling oligarchy in holding hearings about adding slave labor when so many citizens have seen little economic improvement in the last several decades and now face massive layoffs, the dismantling of major US stalwarts such as GM and Chrysler etc. What can these elected donkeys be thinking? How could anyone wish an avalanche of additional labor on the supply side?

Perhaps this hearing's red flag will prove useful. It shows the oligarchy's true colors at a time when an amnesty is most politically unpalatable.

But stay alert and stay tuned—because the oligarchy's intent is unmistakable.
    Donald A. Collins [email him] is a freelance writer living in Washington DC, and is Co-Chair of the Federation for American Immigration Reform's (FAIR) National Advisory Board. His view are his own.

http://vdare.com/collins/090503_amnesty_plans.htm

I don't believe Obama or his advisors understand the devastating effect of illegal immigration on middle America. I also don't believe the Dems understand the fury that will be unleashed against them if they pass amnesty legislation in the middle of the nigth (or any time for that matter).
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Talk about illegal alienation! Yep, the new ruling oligarchy now plans THIS YEAR to try to implement without US citizen approval and against our interests in a time of economic distress (or is that depression?) another Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill–which all of us understand is an amnesty bill for at least 12 million people now in our country ILLEGALLY.
    What is happening with this country? I mean they are not listening to a darn thing from the people. I mean lets see.....the bail outs......the people said NO......trillions later, opps, it didn't work but what the heck the moneys gone, nothings saved, nothing went according to plan, but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.....NEXT.....they are not governing they are acting like a darn dictatorship!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't believe Obama or his advisors understand the devastating effect of illegal immigration on middle America.
    On middle and low America....but my main concern is listening to just the hispanic voice. YOO-HOO!!!!! We have other people out here!!!!!! I have had it up to my eyeballs with this hispanic push on everything. Hold these jobs for us, save these positions for us. give the hispanics this, then demand more. I've had about as much of it as I can take because they aren't going to stop till they push everyone out. For many reasons it's the absoulte worst thing they could do this country.

Re: Dem's Deep Distress Over Our New Ruling Oligarchy's Amne

another Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill–which all of us understand is an amnesty bill for at least 12 million people now in our country ILLEGALLY.
    Try 20+ million, excluding the families, which will also be allowed in!

Try 20+ million, excluding the families which will also be allowed in!
    Exactly. I'd love to be able to limit the number if they are going that way.......help in some way to weed them out coz that's 20 years worth of legal immigrants so they can't possibly be thinking of staying so open and accomodating if we take this hit.

They just dont get it. 80% OF AMERICAN PEOPLE DO NOT WANT AMNESTY. Shumer needs to get REAL representatives on his panel. Someone needs to show that idiot the numbers. If amnesty is granted to 20 million people, another 80 million who are part of the family will come in. WHO IS GOING TO PROVIDE HOUSING, FOOD, WATER, JOBS, AND HEALTH CARE TO 100 MILLION UNEDUCATED LABORERS? AMERICANS? THEY MIGHT AS WELL NUKE US ALL AND GET IT OVER WITH.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    On middle and low America....but my main concern is listening to just the hispanic voice.
    They are not listening to the Hispanic vote either, most Hispanic Americans don't vote much differently from other Americans. They are listening to all the big money One World Government lobbyists.

A lot of citizens voted Democrat this last election because they were furious with Bush but Amnesty was NOT part of their aganda.

If the Dems push thru Amnesty I predict they will lose their majority in Congress in 2010 and the Presidency in 2012.

Maybe our FIRST Independent President will be next because neither the Dems nor the Repubs give a hoot about citizens !! The Republicans DID save us from Amnesty but on other issues they too have sold us out.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    If the Dems push thru Amnesty I predict they will lose their majority in Congress in 2010 and the Presidency in 2012.
    The Dems think that if they pass amnesty, the illegals will then vote to keep them in power!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast