Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Deported Felon Leads Officers On High-Speed Chase

Posted: Sun 11:56 AM, Jul 15, 2012
    Reporter: KKTV/KCNC

11 News has learned that the man involved in a high-speed chase across Colorado's eastern plains is a deported felon.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) confirmed this information to sister station KCNC.

Officers tried to pull over 30-year-old Samuel Aguirre-Vasquez Saturday for suspected drunk driving and say he refused to pull over, instead forcing authorities to chase him clear across the state. As he sped from Limon to Aurora, 80 miles apart, police say Aguirre-Vasquez sometimes reached speeds of more than 100 mph, striking three vehicles as he attempted to get away from police.

Aguirre-Vasquez's getaway attempt was finally thwarted when he crashed at E-470 and I-70.

No one was seriously injured during the chase, which police note was an astonishing fact.

ICE told KCNC that Aguirre-Vasquez goes by a number of aliases. An ICE hold has been placed on him pending the outcome of Lincoln County charges.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was wondering about this! I drove past the capture scene, with one vehicle off the road and upside down. It would've been a great time to rob a bank in Bennett or Strasburg, because every law enforcement and emergency vehicle in all directions seemed to be speeding to the scene. The first accounts I saw in the news glossed over his status, but in the comments people were speculating .... Limon to the east edge of Aurora is about an hour at normal highway speeds, depending upon traffic and conditions. (75 mph is the speed limit, but we westerners to 80-85 if the coast seems clear)