Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DHS Chief Concedes Background Checks for Amnesty Would Not Catch Criminals

by Caroline May 17 Sep 2014, 3:34 PM PDT
    breitbart

The requirement that illegal immigrants must come forward and subject themselves to background checks to attain legal status as required under various amnesty proposals likely would not catch criminals, the Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson acknowledged Wednesday.

Speaking before the House Homeland Security Committee, Johnson conceded, under pressure from Rep. Lou Barletta (R-PA), that criminals in the country illegally would not voluntarily undergo background checks.

Barletta questioned the DHS secretary about the Obama administration’s pursuit of amnesty in the wake of ongoing concerns about terrorism in the United States and used the convicted 1993 World Trade Center bomber Mahmud Abouhalima as as example of a terrorist who received amnesty in 1986 by claiming to be an agricultural worker.

“I am very focused on knowing as much as we can about individuals who are undocumented in this country and I believe that if an earned path to citizenship were to become law, that would encourage people to come forward and submit to a background check so that they can get on the books,” Johnson said.

Barletta responded by questioning the likelihood that a criminal or terrorist would actually submit to a background check.

Barletta: Do we honestly believe that any would-be terrorist, or criminal, or drug dealer is going to come forward to have a criminal background check done on them? Or are they going to continue to remain underground? Nobody with a criminal record is going to come forward.

Johnson: The more I can learn about the undocumented population in this country, the better. The more effectively we can use our removal resources against the type of person you just described, the better. And so I'm interested in going after public safety, national security threats, in terms of our removal resources. And I want to have a system that more effectively gets to that population.

Barletta: Do you believe that Mahmud Abouhalima would have come forward for a criminal background check in 1993?

Johnson: Most criminals do not subject themselves to criminal background checks. I agree with that.

Watch:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...atch-Criminals
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

working4change
    There is more they can't do than they can or will to protect the homeland from foreign invaders imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    by Caroline May 17 Sep 2014, 3:34 PM PDT
    breitbart

The requirement that illegal immigrants must come forward and subject themselves to background checks to attain legal status as required under various amnesty proposals likely would not catch criminals, the Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson acknowledged Wednesday.

Speaking before the House Homeland Security Committee, Johnson conceded, under pressure from Rep. Lou Barletta (R-PA), that criminals in the country illegally would not voluntarily undergo background checks.

Barletta questioned the DHS secretary about the Obama administration’s pursuit of amnesty in the wake of ongoing concerns about terrorism in the United States and used the convicted 1993 World Trade Center bomber Mahmud Abouhalima as as example of a terrorist who received amnesty in 1986 by claiming to be an agricultural worker.

“I am very focused on knowing as much as we can about individuals who are undocumented in this country and I believe that if an earned path to citizenship were to become law, that would encourage people to come forward and submit to a background check so that they can get on the books,” Johnson said.

Barletta responded by questioning the likelihood that a criminal or terrorist would actually submit to a background check.

Barletta: Do we honestly believe that any would-be terrorist, or criminal, or drug dealer is going to come forward to have a criminal background check done on them? Or are they going to continue to remain underground? Nobody with a criminal record is going to come forward.

Johnson: The more I can learn about the undocumented population in this country, the better. The more effectively we can use our removal resources against the type of person you just described, the better. And so I'm interested in going after public safety, national security threats, in terms of our removal resources. And I want to have a system that more effectively gets to that population.

Barletta: Do you believe that Mahmud Abouhalima would have come forward for a criminal background check in 1993?

Johnson: Most criminals do not subject themselves to criminal background checks. I agree with that.

Watch:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...atch-Criminals
    ALL THEY DO IS LIE THE WH HOUSE LET EVERY TOM DICK & HARRY IN OUR COUNTRY WITH OUT BACK GROUND CHECK THAT WHY OUR COUNTRY IS THE WAY IT IS CLOSE THE BORDER DOWN CHECK EVERY ONE NOT JUST THE MEXICO EVERY OTHER COUNTRY AS WELL .THEY STAY FOR ONE WEEK IT A LIFE TIME THIS IS ALL
    BS OUR MARINE ARE IN JAIL & OBAMA IS NOT DOING ONE THING ABOUT THIS WAKE UP USA