Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: DHS Official: Deported Parents Decided to Leave 100-Plus Children Behind

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You don't need DOJ involved.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You don't need DOJ involved.
    Balderdash!

DHS does not have the authority to criminally prosecute illegal alien criminals. You do realize a lot of illegal aliens are committing crimes such as rape, murders, robberies, identification fraud, human trafficking, drug smuggling, etc. etc. don't you? Besides that, our immigration law requires asylum claimants that pass their initial credible fear interview be allowed a hearing before an immigration judge (DOJ).

FYI: Many illegals are deported without the actual involvement of DOJ.

Everything isn't as cut and dry as you think or attempt to paint it. DHS and DOJ work together as a compliment to each other, not as opposing forces. Each department has it's own responsibilities and functions. Furthermore, they both have to act under the constraints of law.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Balderdash!

DHS does not have the authority to criminally prosecute illegal alien criminals. You do realize a lot of illegal aliens are committing crimes such as rape, murders, robberies, identification fraud, human trafficking, drug smuggling, etc. etc. don't you? Besides that, our immigration law requires asylum claimants that pass their initial credible fear interview be allowed a hearing before an immigration judge (DOJ).

FYI: Many illegals are deported without the actual involvement of DOJ.

Everything isn't as cut and dry as you think or attempt to paint it. DHS and DOJ work together as a compliment to each other, not as opposing forces. Each department has it's own responsibilities and functions. Furthermore, they both have to act under the constraints of law.
    I'm not talking about criminal prosecutions of illegal aliens, I'm talking about release and deportation orders. Yes, Congress needs to change the law and put release and deportation orders back into DHS where they used to be. If the government wants to prosecute for other crimes to put them in prison, then DOJ would prosecute those. But just to deport them, DHS is the best department to handle all of that, that's the way it used to be under INS. It was changed during the Bush II administration.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I'm not talking about criminal prosecutions of illegal aliens, I'm talking about release and deportation orders. Yes, Congress needs to change the law and put release and deportation orders back into DHS where they used to be. If the government wants to prosecute for other crimes to put them in prison, then DOJ would prosecute those. But just to deport them, DHS is the best department to handle all of that, that's the way it used to be under INS. It was changed during the Bush II administration.
    I'm tired of doing going around in circles with you on this. Things have obviously changed since the days of INS. Time to wake up to the new reality of how things are, not how we or you wish they were. Like I've said repeatedly, DHS and DOJ both have their responsibilities and functions. They work to compliment each other, not to oppose each other.

Revamping the current system is not the answer, changing the law is. In the meantime, AG Jeff Sessions is doing all he can do under the constraints of law. As for Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, I'm not so sure. I sometimes feel she's in over her head or her hearts just not in it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As for Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, I'm not so sure. I sometimes feel she's in over her head or her hearts just not in it.
    I think it boils down to "her hearts just not in it".

This video with her "we don't need a wall from sea to shinning sea" shows her lack of interest in the subject.

True we don't need a wall from sea to shinning sea, but did she go on offense and explain how desperately we did need many hundred miles of wall? no she didn't!

When she does actually mention something worthwhile (rare occasion) it seems forced and not from the heart.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

I'm tired of doing going around in circles with you on this. Things have obviously changed since the days of INS. Time to wake up to the new reality of how things are, not how we or you wish they were. Like I've said repeatedly, DHS and DOJ both have their responsibilities and functions. They work to compliment each other, not to oppose each other.

Revamping the current system is not the answer, changing the law is. In the meantime, AG Jeff Sessions is doing all he can do under the constraints of law. As for Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, I'm not so sure. I sometimes feel she's in over her head or her hearts just not in it.
    I'm calling for changing the law to move release and deportation orders back to DHS where they belong. You aren't going in circles with me, you're chasing your own tail. Even a cat knows to stop doing that when it gets "tired".

MW
    I'm calling for changing the law to move release and deportation orders back to DHS where they belong. You aren't going in circles with me, you're chasing your own tail. Even a cat knows to stop doing that when it gets "tired".
    Geez, you're just not listening. Both the DHS and DOJ have separate functions and realms of responsibility. They both serve their purpose on the deportation of illegal immigrants. Both departments work in support of each other.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post

This video with her "we don't need a wall from sea to shinning sea" shows her lack of interest in the subject.

True we don't need a wall from sea to shinning sea, but did she go on offense and explain how desperately we did need many hundred miles of wall? no she didn't!

When she does actually mention something worthwhile (rare occasion) it seems forced and not from the heart.
    Excellent post. I agree. She is certainly not someone I would want to load more responsibility on where dealing with illegal immigrants is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post

Kelly recommended her because he likes her and she does have some good background for several major homeland security issues, but she has no experience or background with immigration.

Kelly recommended her because he likes her and she does have some good background for several major homeland security issues, but she has no experience or background with immigration.
    Don't get me started on Kelly! but just for starters
    -------------------------

Chief of Staff John Kelly told FOX New's Bret Baier that President Trump's beliefs on DACA and The Wall have "evolved" since the campaign. Kelly told the Special Report host that presidential candidates sometimes "say things during the course of campaigns that may or may not be fully informed."

"He has evolved in the way he’s looked at things," Kelly said of the president. "Campaigning to governing are two different things and this president has been very, very flexible in terms of what is within the realm of the possible."

"He’s very definitely changed his attitudes toward the DACA issue and even the wall, once we briefed him, when I was at DHS and told him that the real experts on defending the southwest border, that Customs and Border Protection men and women came in, did a, you know, a survey of the border," Kelly also said.

"There’s been an evolutionary process that this president has gone through," Kelly said of Trump and his approach to DACA.
    -------------------------------

Get rid of both of them, and get someone in there who understands invasions!
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast