Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DHS report: 270,000 Indians in U.S. illegally

DHS report: 270,000 Indians in U.S. illegally

By ADAM SMITH
    Immigrants from India continue to make up the fastest growing undocumented population in the United States, according to a recently released report by the Department of Homeland Security.

The number of undocumented immigrants from India increased by 125 percent over the last six years, jumping from 120,000 in 2000 to 270,000 in 2006.

The rise in the number of Indians living in the United States without proper papers makes the population the sixth largest undocumented group after those from Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, the Philippines and Honduras, states the report.

“When you think about the immigration patterns of people from India to this country, it’s not surprising that these numbers are on the rise, especially over the past six to seven years,â€

I don't care if they are "professionals" or students. If they anit legal then they have to go!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Ditto! They are lawbreakers whatever you choose to call them.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I agree, here illegally, degree or not, they have to leave. We cannot allow ANYONE to stay who has no need to be here, who does not have permission, and who has stayed over their alloted time and are now illegal.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    You folks are absolutely right (Dixie, working4change, and AmericanElizabeth), we should be equal opportunity deporters! Let's not discriminate, if they're here illegally - they've got to go.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The number of undocumented immigrants from India increased by 125 percent over the last six years, jumping from 120,000 in 2000 to 270,000 in 2006.
    I think most of them have settled in DC and Virginia. I see so many of them (young and old, pregnant too and pushing a baby, most likely born in US, in a stroller) in my area. My sister was recently in a hospital in Northern VA. She was in a hospital room with a middle-aged woman from India. The woman didn't speak English. My sister said that she bet every social service in VA (with an interpreter, of course) came into the room to discuss how this woman's hospital bill would be paid by guess who -- American Taxpayers. One of the nurses' mentioned to my sister, "how 'they' come over here and conveniently become seriously ill."

There is also a lot of visa fraud. Some related articles:

[quote]Mad rush of fraud visa applicants worries US
    9 May 2007, 1351 hrs IST,PTI

NEW DELHI: Indians aspiring to migrate to the US using "fraudulent" travel documents would be in trouble as the American Embassy here has intensified efforts to curb visa fraud in view of an "alarming" rise in the number of such applicants.

Embassy officials said the US encourages "legitimate Indian travellers" but some visa consultants and individuals have been found "misleading" the people by telling them that the US has simplified visa rules and "now is the time to get easy visas" in a clear case of "consumer fraud".

They said the US mission in India is "alarmed" by the mad rush of "clearly unqualified" visa applicants in recent weeks, creating a scarcity of visa appointments in New Delhi and in Mumbai for legitimate travellers during the busy summer travel season.

The situation has become so bad that the American Embassy here is cooperating with Indian government agencies to arrest people who turn up with false documents and try to get visas "fraudulently", clogging up the system.

"There are individuals and companies who are taking advantage of Indian citizens by suggesting they can provide a short cut to an American visa... We want to make it clear that no firm or person can help you obtain a US visa," Geoff Pyatt, Charge d'Affaires at the US mission here, said.

Intending immigrants are now trying to get non-immigrant visas and are being duped by these companies and individuals, US officials said and pointed out that because of the rush the refusal rates have also “dramaticallyâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)