Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

DHS starts social network about Southwestern border

DHS starts social network about Southwestern border
    Moderated social network will focus on border security, immigration laws

By Ben BainAug 13, 2009

The Homeland Security Department has created a moderated social network designed to spur informed debate and discussion about topics related to the United States’ Southwestern border.

The network named Our Border is hosted on the site Ning.com and is open to everyone. But although posted content is visible to anyone who visits, people need to have an account with the Ning network to participate, DHS said. However, the network is administered and moderated by DHS and all content is reviewed by the department before it’s posted, according to the network’s content policy.

DHS will use the network to communicate the department’s policy, post photos and videos, and engage in dialogue, according to the policies detailed on Our Border. The department administers the network and plans to eventually use Ning’s live chat feature on Our Border, according to DHS’ privacy impact assessment.

Four discussion groups are currently available on the site: Customs and Border Protection, Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and Citizenship and Immigration Services.

According to DHS’ policy, although the Ning company requires users to submit personally identifiable information (PII) such as e-mail addresses and dates of birth when registering, the department won’t actively collect or gather that information or put it into DHS’ systems of records.

DHS also said that although Ning’s privacy policy indicates that Ning uses persistent cookies and other Web tracking technologies on Our Border, the department won’t have access to the PII contained in the persistent cookies. Users also won’t be allowed to add third-party applications to Our Border to help protect privacy, DHS said.

To mitigate risk associated with persistent cookies, the department is also providing clear notice about the type of information being collected, how it’s used, the purpose of collection, and the privacy safeguards that are applied to it, according to DHS’ recent privacy impact assessment.
    Meanwhile, DHS will also take steps to make sure people know about the department’s involvement in the program, according to the assessment. For example, DHS will post on its Web site its own content and privacy policies, provide them on a prominent link on every page, and identify itself across the network to make clear that the department is sponsoring the effort, the assessment said.

The assessment, dated Aug. 10, also said DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano approved using the technology for Our Border as required by guidance from the Office of Management and Budget that generally prohibits agencies from using such Web tracking technologies.
    The Our Border effort aims to facilitate the creation of a “civic network.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think that I will rush right over and sign up.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    I think that I will rush right over and sign up.
    Let me know if the site is in Spanish.

According to DHS’ policy, although the Ning company requires users to submit personally identifiable information (PII) such as e-mail addresses and dates of birth when registering, the department won’t actively collect or gather that information or put it into DHS’ systems of records.
    Riiight.

To mitigate risk associated with persistent cookies, the department is also providing clear notice about the type of information being collected, how it’s used, the purpose of collection, and the privacy safeguards that are applied to it, according to DHS’ recent privacy impact assessment.
    For the past nine years, cookies on federal government websites have been banned. This regime wants to change that:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08 ... ie-policy/

The Office of Management and Budget is considering reversing a nine-year ban on using "cookies" to track users' preferences and interests on federal Web sites.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Are they hunting for us "Right Wing Extremist" who are anti-illegal immigration?

Don't play with bear traps.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DHS said. However, the network is administered and moderated by DHS and all content is reviewed by the department before it’s posted, according to the network’s content policy.
    So then WHATS THE USE? If anyone speaks out against illegal immigration, illegal aliens, no border fence, etc., DHS wont allow the post. Why dont they just call it "THE ILLEGAL ALIEN SOCIAL NETWORK?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Oh really!!! Here's an email with a video that shows some of the border security lies that our government is in denial about. Over 400 illegal border crossers in 35 days just in Arizona in June and July 2009. That's just a short time folks.
    DHS is LYING, LYING, LYING!!!:

"Dear Friends,

Before I close the work week I wanted to alert you to some amazing developments.

This week, while in Mexico for his little pow-wow with President Calderon and Prime Minister Harper, President Obama reminded us that he is still committed to amnesty. He has asked the Department of Homeland Security to work with Congress on a bill that would allow a path to citizenship to those who "live in the shadows."

But the amazing part of his statement was "[Getting the bill passed] is going to be difficult. It is going to require bipartisan cooperation." Then Obama added, on foreign soil, "There are demagogues out there who try to suggest that any form of pathway for legalization for those already in the United States is unacceptable."

Those demagogues are you, me and most Americans. So why does he think it will be so hard to pass? Because there are more "demagogues" (I prefer the term "Patriots" myself) in this country who understand exactly what amnesty is and know the damage it will do this country than there are open-border fanatics who would sell out this country in a nano-second.

Secondly, we learned this week that we seem to be losing all our wars. In Afghanistan the Taliban appears to have the upper hand, and in Mexico the drug cartels are more powerful than ever, and their influence among the people is growing.

One of the most violent cartels is now in control of Nuevo Laredo, which sits directly across the border from Laredo, TX. The Gulf Cartel and their enforcement arm, the Zetas, known as "The Company" by US authorities, dominate the drug trafficking through eastern Mexico that flows into the US.

In light of this I found it particularly astounding to read that Homeland Security's Queen Napolitano, told USA Today: "Whenever I hear somebody say, 'The border is out of control!' I know that that's somebody who's just trying to gin people up because, in reality, there is way more physical infrastructure, technology and manpower down there than there ever was. It's changed remarkably, and it is very, very difficult to cross illegally."

Someone needs to tell that to the illegals pouring into this country!!

Friends of mine have secretly placed a camera on a number of different Arizona routes that drug runners and human smugglers use to enter this country. I am sending you a short video summarizing just a few weeks of recent activity along this route. It is a must see!! "Difficult to cross?" Hardly!! Click Here to View

Our border is wide open-and a greater threat to our security than ever before. And the lady in charge-and her boss in the White House-are in denial!!

Send this video to as many people as you know-including your congressman. Let the facts tell the story. We must get our border defended!!. And be ready for another fight against amnesty.

Will Washington ever learn? America wants its borders protected and its laws enforced! Or do they even care?

Have a great weekend and stay strong. We need to take our country back and it will take all of us working together.

All the best,

Bay Buchanan"