Comments are being left after this article at the source link.
~~~

Doesn't illegal mean "against the law?"

by Stephen Browne — 09-26-2007 @ 02:19 PM Reader Comments (11)

I see over in Monica Crowley's article on the front page that "New York Governor Eliot Spitzer says he intends to allow illegal immigrants in the state to obtain New York driver’s licenses."

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't illegal immigration well, against the law?

Now I didn't go to law school so I'm really not up on the, what do you call them? Oh yes, nuances. But isn't helping someone commit a crime also a crime? Accessory or something like that?

Since I came back to America after a long time abroad, I've had the weirdest feeling about this place. To begin with, has anyone noticed how seriously weird it is that we're even having this discussion about people who enter the country illegally?

Every country in the world, without exception, takes their right to control their borders as a given. It's pretty much what defines a country. So when did we become the exception?

And when did obeying the law of the land become optional?

Please let me know, because if that's what's happened, there are a whole lot of laws I'd like to exercise my option on.

To begin with, I think I'd like to move into Governor Spitzer's house and help myself to the contents of his fridge and liquor cabinet.

http://www.humanevents.com/rightangle/index.php?p=24875