Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Donald Trump Admits He Doesn’t Really Want to Stop Illegal Immigration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump Admits He Doesn’t Really Want to Stop Illegal Immigration

Donald Trump Admits He Doesn’t Really Want to Stop Illegal Immigration

John Westberg/Modesto Bee via ZUMA

E-Verify is a system that employers can use to make sure they hire only people who are legally allowed to work in the United States. It’s pretty easy to use and pretty accurate—though it could still stand to be improved on that score. So should it be made mandatory for all employers? President Trump isn’t sure:

In an interview with Fox News Channel conducted last week, Trump said a new White House plan to overhaul portions of the legal immigration system could “possibly” include the use of E-Verify. But he also said that the verification system could be overly onerous on certain employers, such as farmers, who Trump said were “not equipped” to use it.

“I used it when I built the hotel down the road on Pennsylvania Avenue,” he said, referring to the Trump International Hotel in Washington. “I use a very strong E-Verify system. And we would go through 28 people — 29, 30 people — before we found one that qualified.”

He continued: “So it’s a very tough thing to ask a farmer to go through that. So in a certain way, I speak against myself, but you also have to have a world of some practicality.”

As usual, it’s not clear what Trump is talking about here. Is he seriously suggesting that when they hired workers for his DC hotel, 29 out of 30 applicants were undocumented? That’s ridiculous.

Nor does it make any sense to say that farmers are “not equipped” to use E-Verify. All you need is a smartphone or a computer with an internet connection. It’s insulting to suggest that farmers aren’t up to this.

Needless to say, what Trump really means is that farmers would be seriously pissed off if he tried to make them hire only legal workers. E-Verify would do that. Unspoken—but obvious—is the corollary to this: Trump’s wall doesn’t piss off farmers because they know it won’t accomplish anything. It’s just something that sounds good to his base.

Trump’s tariffs have already hurt farmers, and the last thing he wants to do is lose their votes for good by making it hard to hire undocumented workers. That’s why he’s for a wall but against mandatory E-Verify. It’s all about practicality.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/05/donald-trump-admits-he-doesnt-really-want-to-stop-illegal-immigration/

Last edited by JohnDoe2; 05-20-2019 at 05:28 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    As usual, it’s not clear what Trump is talking about here. Is he seriously suggesting that when they hired workers for his DC hotel, 29 out of 30 applicants were undocumented? That’s ridiculous.
    Trump is such a manipulative liar.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    JohnDoe2, is there anyway you could use at least the size 3 on your stories? I'm probably not the only one that has to constantly go through the hassle of enlarging your stories in order to read them more easily. Just asking ...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It looks fine on my computer.
    I don't know what your problems is with your computer.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    It looks fine on my computer.
    I don't know what your problems is with your computer.
    Your stories are mostly the only ones that are causing me eyestrain. Unfortunately, I catch myself passing up many of them because of the difficulty I have reading them. If I'm the only one experiencing the problem, fine. I was just asking if you could make them a size 3. If that's a problem with you, okay, I understand.

My response is size 3. Does it appear large on your computer?

Oh, and your story is smaller than your response. The header is in large print, just not the story. Just saying ....

Last edited by MW; 05-20-2019 at 04:24 PM.

The link is wrong, it's to a different article.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

a comment from NumbersUSA today

"...it [doesn't] make any sense to say that farmers are 'not equipped' to use E-Verify. All you need is a smartphone or a computer with an internet connection. It's insulting to suggest that farmers aren't up to this.

"Needless to say, what Trump really means is that farmers would be seriously pissed off if he tried to make them hire only legal workers."
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

That's funny that NumbersUSA would think he meant they didn't have the "equipment" to participate in E-Verify. Oh my god. What else has NumbersUSA gotten so wrong all these years? Over 20 years, over 2 million strong, and they haven't passed one bill to reduce legal immigration or stop illegal immigration.

The organizations working on this may need a new strategy or different tactics. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Judy; 05-21-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    That's funny that NumbersUSA would think he meant they didn't have the "equipment" to participate in E-Verify. Oh my god. What else has NumbersUSA gotten so wrong all these years? Over 20 years, over 2 million strong, and they haven't passed one bill to reduce legal immigration or stop illegal immigration.

The organizations working on this may need a new strategy or different tactics. Just a thought.
    Judy doing the twist again.....

Ir wasn't NumbersUSA that said that---it was your buddy Donal J Trump

In an interview with Fox News Channel conducted last week, Trump said a new White House plan to overhaul portions of the legal immigration system could “possibly” include the use of E-Verify. But he also said that the verification system could be overly onerous on certain employers, such as farmers, who Trump said were “not equipped” to use it.

------------------------

The comment from NumbersUSA was making fun of Donald J Trump for saying were “not equipped” to use it.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

LOL!! That's what so funny, NumbersUSA thinking he meant "equipment". They aren't "equipped" to FARM without their illegal labor, that is their position, whether right or wrong, that is where farmers are and have been for decades and why they oppose a lot of otherwise good legislation that would stop other types of illegal immigration. For NumbersUSA not to know that, is really just shockingly funny.

Gee, I guess you didn't know that either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast