Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Donald Trump: Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan Do Not Want a Pre-Election Government Shu

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump: Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan Do Not Want a Pre-Election Government Shu

Donald Trump: Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan Do Not Want a Pre-Election Government Shutdown

AP/Susan Walsh7 Sep 201833President Donald Trump said he would not force a government shutdown over wall funding and border security before the midterm elections, suggesting that he made a deal with House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

“They’d rather not do it before, they’d rather do it right after the election, they don’t want to do anything to upset the apple cart,” Trump said in an interview with Fox and Friends host Pete Hegseth aired on Friday.

Trump said that if it were up to him, he would force a shutdown over border security but that “many great people” urged him to wait.

“Most likely I will not do that, but we’re going to do it immediately after the election, I have the commitment from Mitch McConnell, from Paul Ryan from everybody,” he said.

Trump has sent mixed signals on a possible shutdown, clearly noting his preference to make it an issue during the midterm elections.

During a meeting with members of Congress at the White House Wednesday, Trump indicated that it was still possible.

“If it happens, it happens. If it’s about border security, I’m willing to do anything,” he told reporters. “We have to protect our borders.”

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/07/donald-trump-mitch-mcconnell-and-paul-ryan-do-not-want-a-pre-election-government-shutdown/

You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

More mixed signals

There will not be a shut down---if it happens it happens.

Trump, Ryan, McConnell all part of the swamp, all in this together, all continuing their charade.

There's no reason for a government shut-down. There's $5 billion in the FY19 budget, may not pass, but then it might, if it does, that's plenty for one fiscal year. If it doesn't, they'll deal with it after the election in December, like they do a lot of stuff and if we win the mid-terms, which I think we can and will, then they'll do it next year. Republicans shouldn't be the ones to shut down the government.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    If it doesn't, they'll deal with it after the election in December, like they do a lot of stuff and if we win the mid-terms, which I think we can and will, then they'll do it next year.
    You really believe that? Worse yet, you are trying to convince others to believe that.

Trump is FLIP FLOPPING on everything!

He stated months ago if he does not get funding he WILL shut it down!

Now he backs down! NO...STAND YOUR GROUND!

ANOTHER TRAITOR "KICKING THE CAN" DOWN THE ROAD AT THE EXPENSE OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!

DO IT "AFTER" THE ELECTION! AFTER HOW MANY DAMN ELECTIONS ARE THEY GOING TO "DO IT"

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE 1986 FOR THE DAMN WALL!

NOT A FENCE THEY CAN CLIMB OVER!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Do you think you're going to win a government shut-down? You think because Republicans or Trump shut down the government, it's somehow going to give us 60 votes in the US Senate to pass a funding bill? No, it won't give us 60 votes to pass a funding bill, it will cost Republicans the mid-terms. If Dems win either chamber in the mid-terms, then you'll get nothing.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Do you think you're going to win a government shut-down? You think because Republicans or Trump shut down the government, it's somehow going to give us 60 votes in the US Senate to pass a funding bill? No, it won't give us 60 votes to pass a funding bill, it will cost Republicans the mid-terms. If Dems win either chamber in the mid-terms, then you'll get nothing.
    Do you think if we had 60 R's in the Senate (60 like we have now) they would pass a funding bill or do anything about this invasion? No, they will NOT, at least not as long as they have cheerleaders cheering them on when many are as D and the ones with D after their name. Wake up!

Senator Mitch McConnell and Representative Paul Ryan do not seem interested in protecting the American people from illegal immigration. They just want to piddle around the edges of the disaster to appease their donors, special interests, their own interests.

Cut off the spigot. There is a massive flood. There is an invasion.

Some of what being done is theatrics. Get serious. Secure the borders, enforce the laws, identify the illegal aliens with the tools available. Deport.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    Do you think if we had 60 R's in the Senate (60 like we have now) they would pass a funding bill or do anything about this invasion? No, they will NOT, at least not as long as they have cheerleaders cheering them on when many are as D and the ones with D after their name. Wake up!
    WE DO NOT HAVE 60 Republicans in the US Senate. What is wrong with you? We only have 51. That's why we can't pass a gawd damn bill or get funding for the wall or anything else related to stopping illegal immigration or reducing legal immigration. That's why Trump tried to get 70 good things in a DACA Deal in exchange for 1 bad thing.

I think you're the one who needs to "wake up" and get up to speed on what we have and do not have in Congress.

Republicans do not "control" the Congress. We have majorities in the Congress, but we do not control the Senate on legislation or funding UNTIL WE HAVE 60 VOTES. We're 9 short and of course not all Republicans vote the same on everything so we need at least 11 more to have actual control of the US Congress.

Of course they would vote to solve this invasion. It's what their constituents want and what most of them want themselves. Not all districts are the same, so you're going to have a few vote differently for one reason or another, so you need a couple of extras or need to give them something else in exchange for their vote on the bills and funding you want.

VOTE REPUBLICAN IN 2018!!!

I can't believe you've been ranting and raving like you have and you don't even know how many Republican Senators we have and how many more we need to pass a damn bill.

Incredible.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-07-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Trump May Seek Border Wall Funds After Midterms

September 7, 2018

Jeffrey Rodack

President Donald Trump said it is unlikely he will risk a government shutdown before the midterm elections over his desire to fund a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico.

His comments came in an interview with television’s "Fox & Friends" prior to the start of a Thursday rally in Montana.

"And my inclination -- if it was up to me, I would shut down the government over border security," he said."And I guess when you get right down to it, it is up to me."

But he added:"I don't want to do anything that will potentially hurt us. I have a feeling that the Republicans will do really well in the midterms between the tax cuts and all of the other things we have done."

Trump said he expects to seek funding for the wall right after the midterm elections.

"I have the commitment from (Senate Majority Leader) Mitch McConnell from, (House Speaker) Paul Ryan, from everybody," he said."We do it right after the election where hopefully, frankly, it will be easy because we have more Republicans, not less.

"We are doing very well. And I think we are doing really very well in the House. We will see how it comes out. It will be an exciting day."

White House budget director Mick Mulvaney had told congressional Republicans he was advising Trump not to seek a shutdown later this month – and wanted them to pass a spending bill by the October 1 deadline, The Washington Post reported.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mid.../07/id/880677/

Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast