Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump sounds like a real candidate, charms Nashville, wins Straw Poll

Donald Trump sounds like a real candidate, charms Nashville, wins Straw Poll

August 29, 2015 5:41 PM MST

Donald Trump took his 2016 presidential campaign to Nashville, Tennessee on Saturday. He charmed his throngs of supporters by telling them that all of this Trump-fascination that is sweeping the nation is more than simply being about him. Trump swears that the current fascination with his candidacy for president of the United States is “a movement,” according to a Politico report on Saturday afternoon. Perhaps in response to reports of Trump coming across as arrogant, to say the least, he seems to be changing his tone and focusing on his campaign’s purpose and meaningfulness rather than the focus being on him.

He said, “This is a movement!” He asserts that he doesn’t want his campaign to be about him. The billionaire entrepreneur said that his campaign is about “common sense” and “doing the right thing.” In the past, Trump has conducted a “me” campaign where the message was primarily to promote himself rather than a great number of solid ideas.

Trump wisely flattered his Saturday’s setting. He complimented the Nashville area via comments about its most-obvious claim to fame, country music. Politically, he stressed to his audience that there needs to be a focus on law and order in the country. Of the many people Trump has pounced on during his fiery speeches in recent times, he once again chose to pounce on former Florida governor Jeb Bush who is said in many polls to be the second-favorite candidate in the 2016 presidential race at this time – only trailing Trump. As one would expect, Trump did spend a portion of his time at the high-profile weekend Republican event to remind his audience of his successes but spoke more about his goals in his effort to obtain the Oval Office. He seriously, without his well-known and expected mockery of others on the campaign trail, began to lay out clearer visions of what he has in store for the country than he has stated previously.

Trump reminded the crowd of supporters that he well-predicted how recent U.S. wars would not turn out well for the nation. He also spoke favorably of police officers and their work throughout the United States, insisting that Americans aren’t seeing the good they do on television news, but instead seeing the very small amount of bad that happens. He also took an opportunity to praise Americans for being intelligent by being extremely skeptical of the current news media and not believing everything they hear from the media, says Breitbart.

As Trump spoke to the Presidential Presence Convention of the National Federation of Republican Assemblies on Saturday, he tended to speak more like a true presidential candidate this time – as opposed to a celebrity in a whirlwind campaign for cheap headlines and temporary political poll successes. He was, to say the least, extremely well received by a crowd that appeared to be very impressed with his message. The National Federation of Republican Assemblies would not typically be easily impressed, either, as they describe themselves as a grassroots movement of Republicans seeking to restore the conservative principles of the Goldwater and Reagan Republicans. With those high standards of serious conservatism, Trump did quite well.

As a matter of fact, Trump handily won the presidential straw poll in Nashville, among the Tea Party supporters that flocked to hear him speak. His supporters obviously like his talk against the current government in Washington, D.C. as well as his assertion that he will owe nothing to lobbyists or anyone else when he gets to the White House because he is not taking donations from anyone for his presidential campaign. Reportedly, he can well-afford it himself. In the official Nashville Grassroots Straw Poll results, CNN reports that Trump received 52 percent of the vote.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dona...ins-straw-poll
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm thinking ,just thinking, Trump needs to pull out from the republican banner soon. My reasoning, that gives time to find and elect at least 34 Senators and at least 175 Congressmen who think about the nation as Donald Trump. With him hiding in that damned republican tent that does not even welcome him, I don't think we could pull it off. We need to establish direct connecttions.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I'm thinking ,just thinking, Trump needs to pull out from the republican banner soon. My reasoning, that gives time to find and elect at least 34 Senators and at least 175 Congressmen who think about the nation as Donald Trump. With him hiding in that damned republican tent that does not even welcome him, I don't think we could pull it off. We need to establish direct connecttions.
    I'm worried about what the RNC is up to. Remember when Hillary won the most votes in the Democratic Primaries but the DNC handed the nomination to Obama at the Convention?

What if the RNC tries something like that?

These thugs will not go down quietly, believe me. They're plotting at every turn. These are the scum that have ruined our party into a mess, sucked Club for Growth and betrayed not only the devoted members of our part, but also our entire nation. Democrats have as well, that's why Obama got the nomination at the convention instead of Hillary who actually deserved it because she won the most votes in the primaries.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    Trump becomes an Independent and we get Hillary for our next President. Is that what is really better for our country? I suspect it will all become moot fairly soon because Trump is probably going to pledge support for the Republican nominee within the next few days.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn