Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dozens of illegal immigrants arrested, released in hours

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/ ... 2fc8f.html

There was a crackdown Wednesday and dozens of illegal immigrants were arrested.

Many of those same immigrants were released just hours later

It was the last thing they, and their families, expected.

"They are not criminals. All they're here for is to work for their family," said Mariz Gomez.

And that's what they were doing making wooden pallets at two different locations when federal agents swooped in and took nearly 70 suspected undocumented workers to this federal detention center in north Houston.

"Just for them to come in here and to just throw them back to where they go. That's not right for them," said Gomez.

Families 11 News spoke with feared the men mostly from Central American countries would be deported.

But that was hardly the case.

Just five hours later Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents began releasing the undocumented workers.

"I was surprised by the quick release," said a man who asked that his face not be shown. Several others made the same request.

It is not clear why these immigrants were released so quickly but workers say it may be because the 950-bed facility was severely overcrowded.

The workers say they were told the facilities were full. Sources inside the facility say the same thing and that agents have been ordered to release immigrants as soon as possible.

Some of the workers say there were other problems Wednesday.

They said computers went down and agents had to scribble information, in one case, failing to write in a court date altogether.

The men we spoke with promised to show up for their immigration hearings, still finding it hard to believe they were released so soon.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

I posted this just in case there is still anyone naive enough to believe the Bush administration is going to do anything other than photo ops about illegal immigration.

I'm going to make a wild guess that you won't be seeing this story in your newpapers tomorrow.

BTW, the login for the site is: bugmenot1@bugmenot.com
    password: bugmenot1
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

agents have been ordered to release immigrants as soon as possible.

Sure they'll show up for their hearings. And the company will probably just re-hire them with new fake ids tomorrow. All will be well again. It just steams me!! I posted in another thread on this that I would like to see some criminal charges brought, too, for identity theft, fraud, etc., but I'm sure that's too much to expect from our increasingly corrupt and inept government!
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Well that is fine if they want to take pictures while capturing them and then release them instead of deporting them. We americans will be voting and harassing our lawmakers repeatedly stating the obvious to deport all these illegal aliens and close our borders. We will not be taken in by their fake attempt at enforcing the law.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh please...tell me it's not so!! Not my government putting on a phony show!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What a waste of time and money!