Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dream Act opposed by anti-war hispanics.

Source: El Mexicano Newspaper (Tijuana).
    http://www.ed.grandiarioregional.com/im ... J_22AA.pdf

Title: "Traps" to recruit latinos.

The Asociation of Teachers of the Raza (A.R.E.), denounced the "Dream Act" as a danger to the latino community because of its military content. "It is a mortal trap for the mayority of latino students recruited by military groups" their members anounced.

A.R.E. anounced its demands in which its first was its denouncing of the Dream Act as a conspiracy by the U.S. government to recruit undocumented students, specificaly latinos.

Second, it challenged groups who support the Dream Act to support it after the military provisions are modified.

Third, they sent a clear message to the Senators to oppose the Dream Act by voting against it.

Among those in the group opposing the Dream Act were Miguel Zavala from UCLA, and Jorge Mariscal, profestor of chicano studies and member of Azteca Warrior Peace Project.

Members of A.R.E. are upset with Senator Durbin for making comments in his presentation of the Dream Act. Comments such as "they are predetermined to join the military", "they have no other means of going to a university", and the fact that Sen. Durbin even used data from the Rand Corporation which asures that 45% of hispanic men and 31% of women between the ages of 16 and 21 will surely become part of the military.

Jorge Mariscal, profestor of chicano studies and member of Azteca Warrior Peace Project.
    Are you kidding me the "Azteca Warrior Peace Project"? Can you say warrior and peace in the same sentence? This just goes to show you that these groups want no allegiance to America. They do not want the chance to gain citizenship!! They only come here to bleed the American taxpayer dry, so they can eventually take over. Their only allegiance is to their home country!!!
    We are being invaded, without them having to fire a bullet!!

"Azteca Warrior Peace Project"? I HOPE SOMEONE IS FAXING THAT PUPPY OUT
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

This reminds me of a guy I saw on
    tv protesting against the war with a T-Shirt that
    said:

"STOP THE WAR. FIGHT FOR PEACE"