Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Dream Act Would Pass If Immigrants looked like Norwegians

PBS’s Gordon Peterson Suggests Dream Act Would Pass if Illegal Immigrants ‘Looked Like Norwegians’
    By Brad Wilmouth | December 25, 2010

On Friday’s Inside Washington on PBS, during a discussion of President Obama’s failure to secure passage of the Dream Act in the Senate, after panel member Evan Thomas of Newsweek asserted that "stupid politics" was behind the bill’s defeat, host Gordon Peterson brought up a quip by humorist Jimmy Tingle that "if they all looked like Norwegians, there’d be no problem."

After introducing the segment with a clip of President Obama speaking favorably of the proposed law that would allow the children of illegal immigrants to obtain legal status and eventual citizenship if they go to college or into the military, host Peterson asked, "Why would you vote against that, Evan?"

Thomas blamed "stupid politics" and complained that the proposal is being "held hostage" by those who want to secure the border first. Thomas: "Stupid politics. I mean, there’s got to be immigration reform. It just hangs over all the head of this. We’ve got to reform, this is a small attempt to cure a small but real problem. But what hangs over it is the need to do a larger reform of the immigration system. We got to find some way to get better control of our borders, we do-"

Peterson interrupted to note that South Carolina Republican Senator Lindsey Graham had voiced an unwillingness to vote for "anything until the borders are secure," prompted Thomas to add, "But it’s held hostage."

After the Newsweek columnist recounted the country’s need for more immigrants who are highly skilled, Peterson brought up the Jimmy Tingle comment about Norwegians as he turned to liberal columnist and panel member Mark Shields. Peterson: "Jimmy Tingle said if they all looked like Norwegians, there’d be no problem, Mark."

Shields agreed: "I think there, I think there’s a lot of truth in that, but 10 percent unemployment has helped secure the borders. Let’s be very honest about that. The flow has slowed down considerably.I think there, I think there’s a lot of truth in that, but 10 percent unemployment has helped secure the borders. Let’s be very honest about that. The flow has slowed down considerably."

Below is a transcript of the relevant portion of the Friday, December 24, Inside Washington on PBS:

GORDON PETERSON: That’s President Obama on the failure of the Dream Act to pass in this session of Congress. The Dream Act would give the children of parents who came here illegally a shot at a green card if they go to college of join the military. Why would you vote against that, Evan?

EVAN THOMAS, NEWSWEEK: Stupid politics. I mean, there’s got to be immigration reform. It just hangs over all the head of this. We’ve got to reform, this is a small attempt to cure a small but real problem. But what hangs over it is the need to do a larger reform of the immigration system. We got to find some way to get better control of our borders, we do-

PETERSON: Well, that’s what Lindsey Graham said: I’m not voting for anything until the borders are secure.

THOMAS: But it’s held hostage, yeah, all this, for instance, you know, one thing we really need to have is more visas for really smart people with high degrees to come work here, which is really a crushing need, but it gets held hostage to this larger immigration reform. We’ve got to get the big thing done.

PETERSON: Jimmy Tingle said if they all looked like Norwegians, there’d be no problem, Mark.

MARK SHIELDS: I think there, I think there’s a lot of truth in that, but 10 percent unemployment has helped secure the borders. Let’s be very honest about that. The flow has slowed down considerably.

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-w ... z199AkXkoS

Those that are pushing for the NIGHTMARE ACT use every opportunity they can to interject race into this issue!

And they have the audacity to call those who oppose this garbage "racists!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Glen Iffel the host of PBS "Washington Week" gave the best answer to why Dream Act did not pass. She said "We Knew it would not pass because it was seen as a way for them (Illegals) to get their nose under the tent" What a great and concise way to explain what is really happening.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

"Sorry Amigo' but Norway is not the problemo!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Dream Act failed because the vast majority of Americans don't want illegal aliens in the country; we don't want them to attend our schools let alone our colleges and universities; we don't want them in our work force, no matter how hard or menial the job may seem to some; we don't want them signing up for social services or public assistance, no matter how pitiful their plight may seem to be; we don't want them on our highways, byways, sidewalks, parking lots or in our stores, businesses, neighborhoods, churches or voting booths.

And to the simpletons who made and repeated the statement "If they all looked Norwegian, there would be no problem." to defend the Dream Act ... tell me:

What does an illegal alien look like?

It is humorist though that after 5.5 years of everyone who wants to stop illegal immigration being told by the Open Borders Lobby that you can't tell who is and who isn't an illegal alien in your state or neighborhoods by how they look, that the OBL is now claiming they don't look Norwegian.

So tell US, OBL ... WHAT DOES AN ILLEGAL ALIEN LOOK LIKE? We have the right to know.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Liberals are always trying to play on emotions by using the race card. They are the only ones who seem to think that race has anything to do with this. Illegal is illegal, I don't care if they are from Mars, send them back home if they can't come here legally.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    The Dream Act failed because the vast majority of Americans don't want illegal aliens in the country; we don't want them to attend our schools let alone our colleges and universities; we don't want them in our work force, no matter how hard or menial the job may seem to some; we don't want them signing up for social services or public assistance, no matter how pitiful their plight may seem to be; we don't want them on our highways, byways, sidewalks, parking lots or in our stores, businesses, neighborhoods, churches or voting booths.

And to the simpletons who made and repeated the statement "If they all looked Norwegian, there would be no problem." to defend the Dream Act ... tell me:

It is humorist though that after 5.5 years of everyone who wants to stop illegal immigration being told by the Open Borders Lobby that you can't tell who is and who isn't an illegal alien in your state or neighborhoods by how they look, that the OBL is now claiming they don't look Norwegian.

So tell US, OBL ... WHAT DOES AN ILLEGAL ALIEN LOOK LIKE? We have the right to know.

LOL...Ditto Judy! I suspect the OBL'ers and their supporters know EXACTLY what the vast majority of illegal invaders violating our sovereignty look like. After all, we do not have special interest, pro-amnesty groups representing Norwegians or Germans, demanding concessions for their illegal brethren within our borders. The only such groups I’m aware of making all the commotion are Hispanic. I guess that’s just a coincidence.

In any event, the only ones not supposed to know what they look like of course are those who oppose this invasion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy

LOL...Ditto Judy! I suspect the OBL'ers and their supporters know EXACTLY what the vast majority of illegal invaders violating our sovereignty look like. After all, we do not have special interest, pro-amnesty groups representing Norwegians or Germans, demanding concessions for their illegal brethren within our borders. The only such groups I’m aware of making all the commotion are Hispanic. I guess that’s just a coincidence.

In any event, the only ones not supposed to know what they look like of course are those who oppose this invasion.
    Exactly NoBueno! Funny isn't it how that phony race card that goes around came right back around and bit them square on their own tails.

It was to be expected. After all, what goes around, comes around, and that's just a simple law of the universe. Talk Radio should do an entire segment about this, "WHAT DOES AN ILLEGAL ALIEN LOOK LIKE". There should be T-Shirts and Bumper Stickers "If they don't look Norwegian, what do illegal aliens look like?" And Family Guy should do a show, as should Saturday Night Live, Jon Stewart and so many more. There's few things that would be funnier or more appreciated by the American People than making fun of racist advocates who support illegal immigration.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Dream Act Would Pass If Immigrants looked like Norwegian

[quote="topsecret10"]PBS’s Gordon Peterson Suggests Dream Act Would Pass if Illegal Immigrants ‘Looked Like Norwegians’
    By Brad Wilmouth | December 25, 2010

That statement is reactionary and not realistic at all. If the millions of illegal immigrants were caucasians and sucking us dry, we would still feel the same way. The US is in trouble, we need no immigrants at all at this point yet alone the millons we have trying to take the breadcrumbs that many Americans only have left.

This guy is being unfair. It is almost always those who aren't struggling to get by that say ignorant stuff like this.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

World education rankings: which country does best at reading, maths and science?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog ... ce-reading

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast