Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Driver of semi-trailer with 70 undocumented migrants arreste

Driver of semi-trailer with 70 undocumented migrants arrested

By Kristina Davis

UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

June 23, 2007

DULZURA – A truck driver was arrested yesterday after U.S. Border Patrol agents discovered he was hauling 70 undocumented migrants in the back of a semi-trailer specially designed for human smuggling, authorities said.

The arrest came after the driver tried crossing a Border Patrol checkpoint near Tecate.

The trailer was equipped with a large freezer chest, iced drinks, fans and a trap door in the floor to discreetly load and unload drugs or people, the Border Patrol said.

Agents received an anonymous call at 4:30 p.m. reporting a large group of people were being loaded into a semi-trailer in a Tecate trucking lot near the port of entry.

About two hours later, agents spotted a tractor-trailer matching the caller's description trying to cross the Border Patrol checkpoint on state Route 94.

The driver appeared nervous and was sent to a secondary inspection area, where he allowed agents to search his trailer, the Border Patrol said.

Inside, agents found 70 people hiding behind a wall of shredded cardboard.

The undocumented migrants were taken into custody and processed at a nearby station.

The driver, whose name was not released, was arrested on suspicion of alien smuggling.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metr ... ailer.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And they want to allow mexican truckers complete access to our nation? Can you imagine the bedlam? I'm assuming this driver was American, and I can't imagine mexican drivers would have any more scruples or concern for breaking the law in our country than one of our own.

I will second that one....and this president wants truckers
    from Mexico? Right, I suppose that will help support the
    invasion that is already happening. Bring 'em by the truck
    loads...could it get any easier?