Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Driver's data may be used to check workers' status

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Driver's data may be used to check workers' status

Driver's data may be used to check workers' status

By SUZANNE GAMBOA
    Associated Press
    Published: Thursday, May. 26, 2011 - 10:40 am

WASHINGTON -- The state of Mississippi may soon be sharing driver's license data with the federal government so employers can check whether they are hiring people allowed to work in the U.S.

The Obama administration said in the May 9 Federal Register it wants to add driver's license data to E-Verify. The Mississippi data would be used as a test project, likely to start in June.

E-Verify checks workers' information submitted by employers against Social Security and immigration databases. But the system can be fooled with fake, borrowed or stolen documents.

E-Verify has been touted as a way to stem illegal immigration but an official with the American Civil Liberties Union says the expanding amounts of information kept by the system is becoming a "honeypot for thieves."

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/26/365685 ... check.html
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 09-13-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

For years I have wanted to see every state DMV submit their fingerprint database to the F.B.I. and I.C.E. to compare prints to find out who's who, who has more than 1 license who has more than 1 name, etc.
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 05-18-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They have to do something to weed out people using their child / another child ssn so if they have to use a drivers license; one would hope they would match it with the age on the ss card too???

Glorious San Diego, and I intend on keeping it that way!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    For years I have wanted to see every state DMV submit their fingerprint database to the F.B.I. and I.C.E. to compare prints to find out who's who, who has more than 1 license who has more than 1 name, etc.
    You are absolutely correct JohnDoe!! It's the ONLY accurate method to identify the forgers from the authentics.
    <div>"Diversified"*does NOT*mean invading*our Country and forcing their culture and language,**stealing jobs,*using fake ID',s, living on government benefits, and flying their flag over ours! </div>

I thought this was already being done. Part of this plan is to not only link the data, in the state's license database, into E-Verify, but also our photos.

So, when the human resource dept. interviews a potential "new hire" and examine his/her documents, they have a driver's license photo to compare to the actual individual.

This is one of the reasons illegal residents must be denied a driver's license.

NO AMNESTY

E-Verify is seriously flawed but fixed with a little work. First off tie SSA into the E-Verify system to check all used SSN's to match age, SSN, and name. If a SSN has repeat uses, over 70, under 17, it automatically triggers an alert warning of possible fraud or multiple uses which all get checked. Next is to tie all DMV databases into E-Verify but this makes a National ID Database some oppose. All DMV records are checked through E-Verify and SSA as well. Last bit I'd do is tie it unto the various states Vital Statistics offices so if someone turns up deceased that such is quickly removed.

When that system is done and setup you could use it to quickly verify eligible voters, legal workers, and fraud. The system would have tons of potential.

NO AMNESTY