Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Drug smuggler shot by BP agents caught, given 2nd immunity

So does this mean that our government gave this drug smuggler perpetual immunity against any future drug smuggling charges?? What the he--!

Partial transcript of Lou Dobbs Tonight, Jan. 12, 2007

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html

DOBBS: Former Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean are still awaiting word tonight on their request to remain free on bond, appealing 11 and 12-year sentences for shooting a Mexican drug smuggler at the border. The drug smuggler was given immunity by the Justice Department to testify against those agents. Casey Wian now has the latest on thing agents who are scheduled to begin serving their sentences next Wednesday -- Casey.

CASEY WIAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Lou, family members, attorneys and the agents themselves all expected a ruling today. Federal judge Kathleen Cardone (ph) is considering whether to allow the former Border Patrol agents Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos to remain free on bond while their convictions on assault with a deadly weapon, civil rights violations and other charges are appealed.

As we reported and as you mentioned, the Mexican drug smuggler who was wounded in the incident was given immunity from prosecution by the federal government, sparking outrage from border security activists.

Now, the judge has already determined that the agents are not a danger to the community, and not a flight risk. That's why she allowed them to remain free since their conviction in October. But in deciding whether they can stay free pending their coming appeal, she may also consider the substance of that appeal and its chances of success.

Also at issue, a law that anyone convicted of a federal gun crime must go to prison unless there are exceptional circumstances. Lawyers for the agents say the fact that dozens of U.S. congressmen and hundreds of thousands of American citizens have signed petitions demanding a presidential pardon for the agents are clearly exceptional.

Now, if Judge Cardone denies the motion, agents Ramos and Compean must report to prison to begin their 11 and 12-year sentences on Wednesday.

And Lou, I just got off the phone with former Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos, and he said he understands that Judge Kathleen Cardone's office have received lots of phone calls from supporters of the agents. And the agents very much appreciate that supports. But he also says he hear that some of those phone calls have been threatening, and we understand that the U.S. Marshal Service is actually involved in looking into some of those threatening phone calls.

So, the agents ask that anyone calling in their support please refrain from any type of threatening behavior. Obviously not helpful to their cause -- Lou.

DOBBS: Threatening not helpful to anyone's cause, and certainly the marshal's office should deal straightforwardly with those people who would do such a thing.

Let's turn to a couple of things, though.

One, because as we talk about this drug smuggler that was given immunity by Johnny Sutton's attorney -- the attorney general, his office, he subsequently committed a crime, did he not, after being given immunity? WIAN: He sure did. Our sources tell us that this drug smuggler was caught smuggling an even bigger load, somewhere near 1,000 pounds of marijuana, subsequent to this first load that agents Ramos and Compean uncovered. And he was granted immunity for that offense as well. He's also suing the U.S. government for $5 million.

DOBBS: And at the same time, at least three jurors feel that they were coerced into their -- into their verdicts.

WIAN: Absolutely. There was a filing of a claim for jury misconduct before the convictions were handed down. That claim was denied.

The basic substance of that was that these jurors claim that the jury foreman said that their -- that a hung jury would be unacceptable to this judge and that they had to reach some sort of a verdict. These jurors had questions. They didn't want to convict. But they feet that they had to, and they now feel that they did the wrong thing -- Lou.

DOBBS: And to -- to put it exactly where we are, more than 50 U.S. congressmen have written the president, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, without response from those gentlemen. Most of those -- those petitioning congressmen are Republicans. The Republican executive branch not responding at all.

Tony Snow, the White House press secretary, basically scoffing at the idea of a pardon for these gentlemen. I happen to agree with him on one level.

I think what should happen here, Casey, is there should be a full investigation of the U.S. Attorney's Office. There should be a full investigation of this case, a full investigation of the court proceedings in that federal court. And meanwhile, they should be holding in suspension any action against these two agents.

Casey, thank you very much.

Casey Wian...

WIAN: OK.

DOBBS: ... reporting on one of the most troubling cases in the country right now.

If you would like to voice your support for those agents, Ramos and Compean, you can e-mail the White House directly at comments@whitehouse.gov, or the attorney general himself at askdoj.gov.

If you prefer to call, you can reach the White House at 202-456- 1111. The attorney general's office, 202-514-2001.

The silence of the democrats speaks volumes about their concern for border security. It's outrageous. The entire Congress should have spoken out!

Anarchy!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the second bust came in the FALL of 2005. six months before the BP agents trial that took place in March of 2006 the arrest and all information pertaining it were placed in a sealed indictment BUT the information was never made public at the trial, and therefor, the judge, jury, defense, prosecutor NEVER knew of this and if anyone knew. they kept quiet about it.

i have to beleive that johnny sutton, The US Attorney for west texas had to know about this, however in the video in a press conference i have seen online, he was asked about it but said he knew nothing about it.

i think hes a lying US Attorney myself. cuz he had to know

** IF you didnt see this report, and i hope its on the weekend dobbs shows, he was very upset and mad

They gave this subhuman a 2nd pass on 1,000 lbs of drugs and he is suing us for 5 mil. The wierdest partr of all of this is that he could possibly get the 5 mil.

Sounds to me like this guy is on the take, possibly his guys on the other side will lose trust in him and take of this problem in their own way.
    Could happen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

KATE you left out the best part, viewer email

Marilyn in Oklahoma wrote in to say, "if the president of the United States and a majority of the congress of the United States of America wanted to stop illegal immigration, it would be stopped. Obviously, their loyalties don't lie with the United States of America."

And Wendell in Tennessee said, "if we're going to have a border and plan to have it patrolled, how can we prosecute the border patrol agents for doing what they were hired to do, protect our borders? The border patrol agents need to be pardoned immediately."

And Edie in Minnesota said, "I am Edie, I am 13-years-old. By watching Lou Dobbs I see that if I go into the drug smuggling business, I will have more rights than I would if I worked on the border patrol. What kind of message is that to me?"

a teenager gets it and yet these elected jacka$$es do not get it????
    so does this mean the teen is smarter than the MORONS we elect???
    WAKE THE HELL UP, YOU STUPID POLITICIANS

Bush and the people doing this are not stupid, they know what they are doing is treasonness. But they see that we the people will not stand up in fight like we once did. They have made us so soft that a lot of Americans don't even care any more; they rather watch there Monday night foot ball or smoke dope. The schools are teaching to most Americans in school today nothing or very little about history or being American, instead they are teaching a bunch of BS.

I had to personally study most of what I've learned about history, and the invasion. It pretty sad, but only a small number of us are willing to give our lifes any more for the United states. In a few years the illigals as legal north Americans will have more will to fight a war any ways-seeing that they have killed 1/3rd of there country in civil war durning the 20th century, they people are not lazy like most Americans are. So they will have more power in what ever goverment, this north american union makes...The question how many of our troops will join to our side and how many will go to theres durning the building stages??? We may not have the strength to win any war in 5 years from now,,,,

God knows what kind of goverment we got in store for us, if this ever gets to the point the NAU forms.

I feel sad for us,,,The world will be a very nasty place.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

the illigals as legal north Americans will have more will to fight a war any ways-seeing that they have killed 1/3rd of there country in civil war durning the 20th century, they people are not lazy like most Americans are.
    I have a hard time believing what you are saying. Most of the illegals are not going to fight a war for us. Americans are not lazy! Sure some Americans are lazy as are some illegals are lazy! I AM SO TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT LAZY AMERICANS-THAT IS PURE PROPAGANDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    the illigals as legal north Americans will have more will to fight a war any ways-seeing that they have killed 1/3rd of there country in civil war durning the 20th century, they people are not lazy like most Americans are.
    I have a hard time believing what you are saying. Most of the illegals are not going to fight a war for us. Americans are not lazy! Sure some Americans are lazy as are some illegals are lazy! I AM SO TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT LAZY AMERICANS-THAT IS PURE PROPAGANDA.

I'm sorry, just stating some stuff I see coming with in the next 10 years. I did not mean any disrespect with that comment; just saying that most are busy working or watching football. Not every one knows what is going on, that is the way Bush wants it to be.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>