Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

DUI driver held in crash that killed woman

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... thwest-hed

Driver held in crash that killed woman
    Cops say man jumped bail for previous DUI

By George Houde
    Special to the Tribune
    Published June 1, 2006

A man charged with reckless homicide and aggravated DUI in this week's death of a Hoffman Estates woman had been convicted of DUI last year and was wanted for jumping bail on another DUI case, authorities said Wednesday.

Javier Rico, 26, of the 6700 block of Pine Tree Street, Hanover Park, was ordered held without bail Wednesday by Cook County Circuit Judge Karen Thompson Tobin in the Rolling Meadows courthouse. He was charged in the collision that killed Patricia Henneken, 28.

Henneken had left her home early Monday to run an errand at a nearby pharmacy, said her husband, Matthew, who had been out of town on a fishing trip.

"I talked to her [via cell phone] while she was on the road," he said. "I told her there were a lot of crazies out there and to be careful. I told her to text-message me when she got home. But I never heard back from her."

After leaving the Walgreens at 2560 Golf Rd., Patricia Henneken was turning out of the parking lot onto Golf when her car was broadsided by Rico's car, police said. Rico's car was traveling from 70 to 100 m.p.h. and went through a red light on Golf, police said.

Henneken, the mother of an 8-year-old boy, was pronounced dead about 2 a.m. Monday in St. Alexius Medical Center, Hoffman Estates. Rico was arrested at the crash scene.

Rico, who was not hurt, had a blood-alcohol level of 0.234, nearly three times the legal limit, police said. Prosecutors said a bond forfeiture warrant had been issued for Rico when he failed to appear after posting bail on a DUI charge in March.

In 2005 Rico was convicted of DUI and driving without a valid license, prosecutors said. He received court supervision. Rico has never held a valid Illinois driver's license and apparently is an undocumented immigrant, prosecutors said.

Tobin appointed a public defender for Rico, who told her through an interpreter that he wanted to seek help from the Mexican Consulate in Chicago.

Matthew Henneken said his wife's death shocked her family. "This affects the lives of 100 people. It's absolutely devastating," he said after the hearing. "She was such a beautiful person. You couldn't ask for a better wife and mother."

Henneken said he wasn't sure why his wife went to Walgreens, which is less than a mile from their home. Andrew, her son from a previous marriage, was at his father's house.

Henneken said police told him that officers had gotten a report before the crash that Rico's car had no headlights on. Police had almost caught up to the car when the crash occurred, he said.

Rico is married and has a 1-year-old child, authorities said.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In 2005 Rico was convicted of DUI and driving without a valid license, prosecutors said. He received court supervision. Rico has never held a valid Illinois driver's license and apparently is an undocumented immigrant, prosecutors said.
    After all, illegal aliens are all law abiding, honest, family values type people, right George?
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Rico is married and has a 1-year-old child, authorities said.
    I don't need the human interest BS about a murderer.

reptile, You for got the part about "just want a job".

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rico has never held a valid Illinois driver's license and apparently is an undocumented immigrant, prosecutors said.
    BUT....why should he have a license? These 'nice' people don't have to obey our laws! Our lawBreakers have made sure of that!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!