Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duncan Hunter says build the fence,Free Border Agents!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... gb.01.html

Duncan Hunter says build the fence,Free Border Agents!

GLENN BECK/Cnn Aired 1/12/2007

Joining me now is the California representative, Duncan Hunter. He is one of the five lawmakers who petitioned the president on the agents` behalf.

Congressman, how did this happen?

REP. DUNCAN HUNTER (R), CALIFORNIA: You know, Glenn, I think that the truth is stranger than fiction.

I`ve been on the armed services committee for 26 years, and I`ve watched a lot of cases in which our Marines and soldiers were involved, where they were charged or not charged with incidents like this under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. And I`ve never seen a case in the military where they have treated people as unfairly as these Border Patrol agents were treated.

And I think the real bizarre piece of this is what happened in that jury room, because the idea that you had a guy who was this partner, who was prostrate and bleeding on the ground. The other agent ran past him, thought that the guy who was running away, the drug dealer, turned back, looked like he had a gun, and hit him in the rear end. And for that they got this monster conviction and sentence is -- it`s just strange.

BECK: Well, Congressman, I have to tell you, the one thing that I think most Americans don`t understand is this whole border situation. I mean, it`s clear that the Republicans and the Democrats want new voters. They want the base on the Hispanics. They want the money from the big corporations. They want to break down the borders. I mean, it`s clear that there is something going on that nobody`s vocalizing in America.

Now, what is the deal? Why are these guys serving this time? And why have we treated these -- this drug smuggler and given him amnesty, not once, but two times now?

HUNTER: Well, Glenn, you`ve got the right guy on because I build border fence, and I built the double fence between San Diego and Tijuana. The double fence that`s 15 feet high with a big overhang that`s knocked down smuggling of people in narcotics by more than 90 percent.

But I wrote the law that has now been signed by President Bush, which would extend this fence 854 miles across Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. That`s now the law. The Democrats are not going to vote for it.

BECK: It`s not going to happen.

HUNTER: It will happen, because we`ve got $1.2 billion that has been appropriated for it. And we are going to see to it that it happens. And we`ve got a task force of members of Congress who are marching down and meeting with the Department of Homeland Security, making sure that this fence gets built.

I built fences. I drafted the law on this fence. I put the smugglers` corridors, the places where most of the narcotics and people are being smuggled. If we had a fence in this area, you wouldn`t have had the problems that these Border Patrolmen had, but the Border Patrolmen, nonetheless, were treated very unfairly.

And I recommended that the -- that the U.S. attorney not -- not try to get them to go to jail, that he -- that he does not resist a motion by them to stay out of jail, pending this appeal. I think they`re going to win on appeal, but if they don`t win on appeal, they should be pardoned.

BECK: OK, so we didn`t get back to the question. We didn`t get the answer on what`s going on? You`re a guy who would know.

There`s something that just doesn`t seem right. What kind of message in the first place are we sending that we are going to pardon a drug smuggler, not once, but then after we go back and pardon him, he testifies against our own two border agents, then he comes back, is caught smuggling drugs a second time, and we give him amnesty a second time. What is that?

HUNTER: You left out the last piece. He`s also suing, I understand, for several million dollars.

BECK: Oh my...

HUNTER: So -- so this is one of the most bizarre cases I`ve ever seen, but a bizarre case like this is one that lends itself to the chief executive, the president of the United States, using that pardon pen and pardoning -- and I met with -- I met with one of the Border Patrol agents yesterday or the day before yesterday, Agent Compean. He`s got a great family.

BECK: Yes.

HUNTER: Both of them have great families. They did their job. They`re -- they are doing exactly what we underpay them to do.

BECK: Yes, Congressman...

HUNTER: I think -- I think that justice will finally be served in this case, but it wasn`t served by that jury.

BECK: I`ve got to tell you, I hope you`re right. I`ve already -- I just signed a petition today. We`re going to put it down on the bottom of the screen. There it is. If you want to help these guys get out, sign this petition. Congressman, you let us know what else we can do. (www.grassfire.org)

HUNTER: Help me one other way, Glenn.

BECK: Yes, quickly.

HUNTER: Help us get this border fence built and get people to call in.

BECK: I`ll roll up my sleeves myself, sir.

HUNTER: It`s a law. Call the Department of Homeland Security. Everybody call them and tell them it`s the law, build the fence.

BECK: You got it, thank you.

HUNTER: Thanks.
    --
    Contact
    HOMELAND SECURITY:

Mailing Address

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    Washington, D.C. 20528
    Citizen Line

Operator Number: 202-282-8000
    Comment Line: 202-282-8495

Duncan Hunter for President 2008!

http://www.gohunter08.com/
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

I saw him yesterday too. He would definately make a great President!

Build the fence!! I already contacted Homeland Security to demand the fence be built. Rep. Hunter is right. IT'S THE LAW!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BUILD THE FENCE
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

But I wrote the law that has now been signed by President Bush, which would extend this fence 854 miles across Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. That`s now the law. The Democrats are not going to vote for it.
    So if this is now a law, then how can the Dems not vote for it? and could they repeal this?
    If that is the case, then couldnt' we reverse an amnesty? Something ain't stirring in the works...
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

MW
    sippy wrote:

So if this is now a law, then how can the Dems not vote for it? and could they repeal this?
    If that is the case, then couldnt' we reverse an amnesty? Something ain't stirring in the works...
    The Democrats have already voted on it, but all the funds have not been appropriated - the Democrats can prevent the necessary funding required to complete the fence. Yes, the Democrats can squash the bill and probably plan on attempting to do just that in the amensty bill they will be introducing into the 110th Congress in the very near future.

I can't see an amnesty bill being reversed, not once the wheels have been placed into motion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Has anyone heard any politician say what they are going to do with the millions here illegally? Does anyone mention deportation or any other means of forcing them to leave?

MW
    olivermyboy wrote:

Has anyone heard any politician say what they are going to do with the millions here illegally? Does anyone mention deportation or any other means of forcing them to leave?
    In reality, I think most of us have come to the conclusion that attrition through enforcement is our best bet for dealing with the illegal immigrants currently residing among us. I'm all for forced deportation of every illegal in the country, but in reality I know that probably isn't going to happen. I think this train of thought has been the most expressed view of most anti-illegal immigration politicians.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Homeland Security, if you want to call it that, is stalling on the fence to keep from spending the money. They're stalling so that the NAU can kick in before any fence gets built. A stall tactic, that's all. We have a thug in the White House and wimp heading up the Homeland Security office, if you want to call it that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    I am so on your wavelength this evening Rockfish, I am agreeing with everything you have been saying! They are definitely playing us all for fools...but if they think we are going to keep playing........They got another thing comin!!!