Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dutch pass Law immigrates must take language and culture tes

Hot off the BBC- a new law has been passed by the Dutch- immigrants must now pass a test costing four hundred dollars of their own money- to show some proficeny in the Dutch language and culture.
    Even if they past a test in their own country- they must pay to pass another one in Holland costing another 4,000.
    most immigrants are from Turkey and moracco and one other country-
    most are female brides - essentially being bought by Dutch men- they can take the test on the internet and at Dutch consulates-
    bite my tongue- in the united states they would file a lawsuit claiming discrimination if everything wasnt in spanish-

I am adding this simply because I found it on the BBC site

Netherlands considers burqa ban

The burqa, worn here by Afghan women, covers the entire body
    The Dutch immigration minister says she will look into the legality of banning the burqa, the robes worn by some Muslim women to cover their bodies.
    Rita Verdonk made the pledge after a majority in parliament said it would support such a ban.

The proposal was put forward by independent politician Geert Wilders.

"That women should walk the streets in a totally unrecognisable manner is an insult to everyone who believes in equal rights," he said.

"This law is a comfort to moderate Muslims and will contribute to integration in the Netherlands," he added in a statement.

His proposal is supported by two of the parties in the governing centre-right coalition, as well as the opposition right-wing party founded by the late Pim Fortuyn.

Mrs Verdonk did not say when she might complete her investigation.

If the Netherlands does decide to ban the burqa, it will be the first European country to do so.