Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

E-Verify Amendment Being Challenged in Hse. Rules Comm. Now

The E-Verify Amendments to the "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act" are being challenged in the House Rules Committee, which will meet at 3 p.m. today. I spoke to the aide of Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX), member, who said that they were "heavily outnumbered" on the committee, which seats 9 Democrats and only 4 Republicans.

The following leads to the House Rules Committee Membership List, where you can access contact information for each member:
    http://www.rules.house.gov/rules_members.htm

Below is their posted schedule:
    "Actions and Announcements From the Rules Committee"

H.R. 1 – The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009

Meeting Times:
    5:00 p.m. Monday 1/26
    3:30 p.m. Tuesday 1/27

Amendment Deadline Monday 1/26 at 7:00pm

Text and Summary of Amendments Submitted
    Text of H.R. 1

http://www.rules.house.gov/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change

Re: E-Verify Amendment Being Challenged in Hse. Rules Comm.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    The E-Verify Amendments to the "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act" are being challenged in the House Rules Committee, which is meeting now. I spoke to the aide of Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX), member, who said that they were "heavily outnumbered" on the committee, which seats 9 Democrats and only 4 Republicans.

The following leads to the House Rules Committee Membership List, where you can access contact information for each member:
    http://www.rules.house.gov/rules_members.htm
    Thanks for posting. We all need to be praying for these members to do the right thing by the American people.

We need to verify that each person is eligible to work and continue to weed out the fraud from stolen social security numbers and fake documents. I do hope and pray that reason will rule the day.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

just spoke to office of Lincoln Diaz-Balart Florida and been told that the E-Verify is still in there and apparently its Pelosi who can decide to take it out. Does this make sense?

This is a no brainer, I cant believe we have to fight for this. It just blows my mind

LuvMyCountry wrote:

This is a no brainer, I cant believe we have to fight for this. It just blows my mind
    Ditto!

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    just spoke to office of Lincoln Diaz-Balart Florida and been told that the E-Verify is still in there and apparently its Pelosi who can decide to take it out. Does this make sense?
    La Raza is telling their supporters to call Pelosi, so we should call her.

Lincoln Diaz-Balart was one of my closest friends in college but he is also the worst grade holder on ABI a disappointment
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

cAlled my Cong. Patrick Murphy's office in DC...he was a co-sponsor of the SAVE Act but he refused to sign the discharge petition late last year to get it onto the House floor...seemed not to want to cross-hairs with the evil witch Pelosi. But now we have 1.1 million newly unemployed Americans since November of 2008 and even more to come...there is simply no justification at all for NOT including E-Verify and ensuring that any and all workers in stimulus-created jobs are legally authorized workers.

Stimulus Jobs for Americans. Nothing less will do. Period.

Called the following two members of the House Rules Committee:

-Doris Matsui (D-CA): supports E-Verify

-Dennis Cardoza (D-CA): still making up his mind on E-verify, and is hearing from both sides of the issue. PLEASE CALL HIM.

202-224- 3121 switchboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast