Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Economic Times Defends ObAMA FROM alipac

Publication: Economic Times of The India Times (Heavy H1B supporters)

Obama dismisses language criticism

WASHINGTON: Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama batted away criticism from some conservatives for suggesting that American children should learn a foreign language, as his Republican rival John McCain reached out to women voters with promises that he is the better candidate to help them economically.

Some conservatives have painted Obama as an elitist. His remarks earlier in the week that Americans should learn more foreign languages, including Spanish, drew ridicule from groups advocating English as the official US language and started a buzz on some conservative Web sites.

Obama used the opportunity Friday to slam his opponents before a cheering rally in Dayton, Ohio, and said

``This is an example of some of the problems we get into when somebody attacks you for saying the truth, which is: We should want our children with more knowledge. We should want our children to have more skills,'' he said. ``I know, because I don't speak a foreign language. It's embarrassing,'' Obama said, chuckling.

The Americans for Legal Immigration said in a statement, ``Barack Obama has stepped on a political land mine by stating Americans should be forced to learn to speak Spanish.'' But that is not what Obama said.

Obama was answering a question on education when he said he does not understand people who say ``we need English only.''

``I agree that immigrants should learn English,'' Obama said. ``But instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English _ they'll learn English _ you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish. You should be thinking about how can your child become bilingual. We should have every child speaking more than one language.''

On Friday, McCain was speaking to a mostly female audience, a day after Obama teamed up with his former rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton to speak to women voters.

McCain told several hundred women in western Wisconsin that his tax cut plans would be particularly helpful to women because so many of them own or work for small businesses.

``Yesterday in New York, Senator Obama went on at great length about how much he cares about women's issues,'' McCain said at a town-hall forum in Hudson, where women vastly outnumbered men. ``I believe him. But when you cut through all the smooth rhetoric, Senator Obama's policies would make it harder for women to start new businesses, harder for women to create or find new jobs, harder for women to manage the family budget, and harder for women and their families to meet their tax burden.''

Obama's campaign disputed the claims and noted that McCain opposed a Senate measure to lengthen the time that workers have to file pay discrimination lawsuits, a priority for some women's groups.

Republicans believe McCain has a chance to pick up Democratic and independent women who are angry or disappointed that Clinton lost her bid to become the first female president. But Friday's event in Wisconsin seemed geared to hard-core conservatives.

Meanwhile, comedian Bernie Mac was greeted with some heckling and a campaign rebuke as a result of a comedy routine he performed during an Obama fundraiser in Chicago Friday night.

The 50-year-old star of ``The Bernie Mac Show'' joked about menopause, sexual infidelity and promiscuity, and used occasional crude language during his performance, prompting one person in the audience to say the joke was offensive to women.

``It's not funny. Let's get Barack on,'' a man shouted from the crowd.

Obama, speaking about 15 minutes later, tried to smooth things over with a joke of his own. The incident also drew a response from Obama's campaign, which criticized Mac for his choice of material.

``Senator Obama told that he doesn't condone these statements and believes what was said was inappropriate,'' spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement after the event.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/New ... 227045.cms
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senator Obama told that he doesn't condone these statements and believes what was said was inappropriate,'' spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement after the event.
    Well then it would be real interesting to see some of your "friends" who don't seem to fall back into those behaviors you supposidly don't condone. Oprah was your best back-up so far and it's been one bad seed after another since then. Including your white corrupt buddies from Chicago.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Isn't it amazing how Obama back peddles all the time and gets away with it? He specifically said our kids should learn SPANISH. He did not say our kids should learn more than one language. Those are two very different statements. He said SPANISH.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk
    obama-snob said and i quote ."You need to make sure your child can speak Spanish ". unquote
    Pretty plain to me . He's now in his "Bet i can sell this BS mode".
    He's straight out lied again
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

He's constantly making bad choices and opologizing for people he's associated with at work, church and friends and neighbors.

I DON'T HAVE ANY CONFIDENCE IN THIS MAN AS PRESIDENT. HE'S FICKLE AND DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE ANY FORSIGHT FOR HIS CHOICES AND THEIR EFFECT ON HIS CAMPAIGN OR OUR COUNTRY! HE'S GREEN AS THEY COME!!! WE NEED SOMEONE WHO IS A PATRIOT, RESOLUTE WITH EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT A PRESIDENT TO TAKE US OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH FOR THE PAST 8 YEARS! AMERICA DOES NOT WANT TO GO FROM HORRIBLE TO COMPLETELY DISTATEROUS!!!!

But instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English _ they'll learn English _ you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish.
    Most legal immigrants do. They tried the bull of the children will.....but they haven't. It's been since the 80's and they aren't trying real hard. Some are 4th generation who still don't. Only 1 specific group. That's why the Spanish is so offensive, because we SEE what's happening. They wrote signs and screamed they will not speak English, that we WILL be speaking Spanish. As far as I know they are the ONLY group who pressed the issue to where states voted on English as their official language. Except maybe Hawaii or Alaska. Even with that, they are now trying to make a towns official language Spanish. To where people are having to go to that level because the state hasn't followed through with the laws even when the people voted. I might believe it more if store signs weren't in Spanish, TV shows and radio in Spanish, towns where everthing is in Spanish and you can't find anyone who will speak English. Might buy it if there were other jobs where "must speak German" was a requirement......but I don't see it. The absolute closest I've seen is someone wanting home care for an elderly person who wants Polish spoken or something. Which is fine by me. They are elderly, sick and have every right to have personal things done and their home opened to someone they can talk to. It's gotten to the point where you can't get hired without Spanish, yet they won't speak English ..... and that......has crossed the line. If they spoke English.....the wonders of bi-lingualism wouldn't be a problem. We'd have a choice....just like we used to.

He absolutely does not have any foresight or any hindsight for that matter. He just keeps rolling out his pointy tongue and stepping on it.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

MY MY didn't we attract some attention this week by pointing out the truth....man how the MSM hates the truth!

Landmine and Landmine it was ...seems W. hit the nail straight on the head with that one
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Americans are an embarrassment in Europe? Well....just last night they had something on the radio where they interviewed waitresses and all people dealing with tourism in Europe and were asked..... who are the worst to deal with?

French. They were rude, arrogant, demanding, didn't tip and couldn't muster a please or thank you in the language of the country they were visiting. Notice....it's not the ability to be bi-lingual that's a problem....it's basicly an obnoxious attitude that's the big turn off. Anybody notice a tie in there?

"Americans are an embarrassment in Europe..."
    I'll remember that the next time we're called on to save that continent from itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast