Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Economics inside the USA - Immigration and Army Recruiting

Economics within the USA and Inside Power Changes.

Immigration and Army Recruiting

After the Civil War there was a "Free Trade Agreement" because the Apparel and Textile Factories moved from New England to North Carolina, South Carolina and Probably Alabama.

As far as I know the "sweatshops" were a "New York" and Mafia phenomenon but they also moved to the South in time, because of the internal "Free Trade Agreement"

The great prosperity of the American South in the last 40 years and the deindustrialization of the North may be also a hidden FTA.

Dallas has become the "New York of the South" and Houston and Miami are growing in importance. But Michael Moore complains that his little town in Michigan is becoming desperate in unemployment. Only employment there is to be recruited for the Army and being sent to Iraq.

Immigrants fighting for America in Iraq :

I saw the movie Fahrenheit 11/9 last night on my cable TV. Extremely Impressive. This is not the garbage that I was promised by some pro Iraq War correspondent friends.

I didn't want to touch this topic of Iraq here because I know that it is painful for you Americans and I am a foreigner and I don't want to offend and disturb you. But Michael Moore makes a lot of emphasis on the relation between the U. S. Economy, unemployment and recruiting for the Army.

Also the Army takes advantage of the Big Supply of Immigrants for Recruiting purposes.

Some Colombians ( my countrymen ) have already died fighting for the US in Iraq and they were not American Citizens.

Vicente Duque

Some Colombians ( my countrymen ) have already died fighting for the US in Iraq and they were not American Citizens.
    And that justifies you (possibly) or anybody else being here illegally? [Mod Edit]

What are you even doing here.

Like your army is top of the line with top notch troops? I know plenty of White people in the US Army and no not all of them are officers and senior NCO's. At least we promote people based on skill and merit rather then political connections and wealth and were also capable of fighting for our country instead of standing by and letting a few Commies carve out their own little country.

In the mid 1990's one of my friend's dad whos in the US Army Special Forces was sent to help train Columbian soldiers ... half of them (officers included) couldent even read a map or a compass much less shoot a gun and the other half were to busy accepting bribes from drug lords to even make an effort to stop them. And before you say "well we killed Pablo Escobar" that was US Army's Special Forces Detachment Delta (better known as Delta Force) members who carried out the actual raid because the Columbian cops were either to corrupt or to inept to do it.

Dont take this as an insult; im just stating what I have read. If I offended you im sorry but this is how the majority of Americans view Columbian efforts to fight the drugs that plauge the streets of America.

The best Colombian soldiers are working for the drug cartels. That's where the cash is. We get all the washouts.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by nhantimassredrebel
    And that justifies you (possibly) or anybody else being here illegally? [Mod Edit]
    I didn't see the word illegal used or mentioned. It said not American citizens. That doesn't necessarily mean they were illegal. If the United States military is using illegal immigrants that is a big news story. Maybe you should wait for Vicente to clarify his statement before making accusations about them.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    Quote Originally Posted by nhantimassredrebel
    I didn't see the word illegal used or mentioned. It said not American citizens. That doesn't necessarily mean they were illegal. If the United States military is using illegal immigrants that is a big news story. Maybe you should wait for Vicente to clarify his statement before making accusations about them.
    Actually I have heard of illegals in the military (Marines is particular) and then being KIA in Iraq and rewarded with citizenship for immediate family.

Actually I have heard of illegals in the military (Marines is particular) and then being KIA in Iraq and rewarded with citizenship for immediate family.
    If a draft is implemented then the US Military will take illegal immigrants. Actually, they will take just about anybody. But there is no draft now. Illegal immigrants are required to register for the Selective Service but the US military does not enlist them. The military does take Resident Aliens/Green Card holders but I'm not sure what the current circumstances or restrictions are. When I was in the USAF in the 80's and 90's we would take Resident Aliens but until they gained their citizenship, they could not hold a security clearance (which greatly limited the types of jobs they could hold), they were not allowed NCO status and could only serve one enlistment. I know there is a program that accelerates the citizenship process for active duty military personnel but I've never heard of one the automatically awards citizenship for family members because you were KIA.

And that justifies you (possibly) or anybody else being here illegally?
    I've read most all of vicente's posts. His English is probably not the best but he has consistently represented himself at living in and being a citizen of Columbia.

We really should let vicente clarify his posts befrore more ill words are exchanged.

My original title post and topic was this :

"Economics inside the USA - Immigration and Army Recruiting"

and I stick to those topics, and not to others.

Because I wanted to learn about the Economic History of the United States, I feel sexual pleasure in learning.

And the Michael Moore movie got me interested in the Relation between the Army and the Recruiting of Foreigners.

I don't want to be deflected to other topics or to comparisons that have absolutely nothing to do with the original two topics.

My main objective and intention at staying here while I can is learning. I know that I can not change your opinions and standings on issues. But I can learn facts, statistics, events and data.

My purpose is not to disturb, annoy or bother people. I am not for persuading or convincing you that Colombia is a Super Power in Ethics, Courage, Military Valor, or an Example for You in any way, etc ...

One of the reasons for killing the Andean FTA in the U. S. Congress is that the USA might be signing treaties with very questionable rulers and with countries that are at Civil War or can enter Civil War at any moment. And the FTA is throwing gasoline over the Agrarian Conflicts.

I understand that Big Pharma wants to earn a lot of money by exploiting the andean poor and the weak and that Big Corporate Agriculture wants to send millions of heavily subsidized cereals. ( ruining Andean Agriculture )

But that is not going to end in a Glorious American Foreign Policy. That is going to end in Political Economic Catastrophe in the Hemisphere.

The Books of History in the Far Away Future will tell about the Environmental Catastrophe in the Andes and the Amazon River.

And all that set off by the Greed of Big Corporations.

Finally this will cause two things that you don't like :

EMIGRATION AND IMMIGRATION

Vicente Duque