Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ed Koch: Here's a modest proposal — Deport all incarcerate

Monday, August 31, 2009

Ed Koch: Here's a modest proposal — Deport all incarcerated illegal aliens immediately
    By Ed Koch

I have a proposal which I hope the Obama administration will consider and implement. ShareThis

Immediately or as soon as possible the United States should deport all illegal aliens who are now in our federal and state prisons, and in our municipal jails, to their countries of origin. In 2005, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a report on the number of illegal aliens incarcerated in the United States.

The report stated, “They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien. One arrest incident may include multiple offenses, a fact that explains why there are nearly one and half times more offenses than arrests. Almost all of these illegal aliens were arrested for more than 1 offense. Slightly more than half of the 55,322 illegal aliens had between 2 and 10 offenses. About 45 percent of all offenses were drug or immigration offenses. About 15 percent were property-related offenses such as burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft and property damage. About 12 percent were for violent offenses such as murder, robbery, assault, and sex-related crimes. The balance was for such other offenses as traffic violations, including driving under the influence; fraud — including forgery and counterfeiting; weapons violations; and obstruction of justice. Eighty percent of all arrests occurred in three states — California, Texas and Arizona. Specifically, about 58 percent of all arrests occurred in California, 14 percent in Texas, and 8 percent in Arizona.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gosh, deporting IA criminals to their home countries seems a little harsh! Why don't we just put them up in a nice hotel for a while and perhaps they will change their ways.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Sometimes their countries of origin don't want them back. We need to make a deal with another country that does not care about humane treatment of their prisoners, pay them a few thousand per prisoner to take care of these folks. I hear the Russian gulags are pretty empty these days and they are also in financial crisis.
    Crime is a job Americans will do, so we really don't need any help, nor do we need to house and feed these people, giving them law libraries and free medical care, as well as cable TV.
    Mr. Koch is right, but why immediate deportation has not come up in talk of enforcement is beyond me, and I am extremely angry.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I propose we deport all illegal aliens immediately.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner