Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Education - 1000's LEFT BEHIND

Exit exam results see thousands left behind, mostly minorities

By Leonel Sanchez
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

1:10 p.m. August 23, 2007

More than 55,000 California high school seniors are in danger of not graduating because they have not passed the state-required high school exit exam, including more than 3,000 students in San Diego County, according to state education officials.

The overwhelming majority of them are poor, black, Latino, English learners or special education students, calling further attention to the achievement gap that persists in California public schools today.

“We have an achievement gap. It's real. It's stark and it needs to be addressed,â€

Totally untrue. In Salt Lake City our English Speaking children are forced to listen to Spanish being taught in schools. Every child has been left behind. I am sorry but the children being born of Illegal Parents should not be educated by american familes. Our children come first. Illegal Children are causing United States Citizens to be left behind.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

MW
    Of the 55,748 students who have not passed the English test, nearly 50,000 are Latino or African-American. Of the 61,692 who have not passed the math test, more than 53,000 are Latino or African-American. More than 44,000 students in each category were considered economically disadvantaged.
    Why are these folks attempting to hide the real problem by lumping Latino and African American together? This is obviously an attempt at shielding the real problem which is illegal immigrants (non-English speakers). The resources necessary to teach non-English speakers is overwhelming the educational system and is making it extremely difficult for those attending public schools to thrive. Furthermore, the culture these illegals are coming from doesn't place the same importance on education as we do, which means the parents don't push, motivate, and encourage their children the same as typical American parents do. This is simply a case of "one bad apple spoiling the whole bunch."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Uh, my daughter is struggeling with math and chemistry also. Is she getting any special consideration? NO!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

With all this in consideration, why isn't there more home-school networks showing up around the country or the ability to pay for a private school for parents that do not want their children exposed to those that do not want to excel in school? Is the government standing in their way, demanding increasingly large school taxes be payed to support the public schools no matter how poorly they educate the children; and, leave little funds for the home or private schooling option? This does indeed sound more like socialized education and I think our great fore-fathers did not intend this type of educational limitation for this great country that they fought and died for. No child left behind is better stated as no child will excel beyond his or her classmates. If the parents do not value a good education, then the child won't; therefore, slowing down the educational prospects for all the children in the class.

No child left behind? Is that how Pres. Bush, that pushes this so hard, has been brought up?.....I think NOT. He is within the noble rich class and know what is best for the servant class. Best to all......................
    What's the price is freedom...today? Veteran, US Army, E-5, 1978-1982 *****Ron Paul for President 2008***** http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

This is just one of a kazillion reasons why it's a very bad idea for government to educate our children.
    '58 Airedale

Quote Originally Posted by RuralCountryVeteran
    With all this in consideration, why isn't there more home-school networks showing up around the country or the ability to pay for a private school for parents that do not want their children exposed to those that do not want to excel in school? Is the government standing in their way, demanding increasingly large school taxes be payed to support the public schools no matter how poorly they educate the children; and, leave little funds for the home or private schooling option? This does indeed sound more like socialized education and I think our great fore-fathers did not intend this type of educational limitation for this great country that they fought and died for. No child left behind is better stated as no child will excel beyond his or her classmates. If the parents do not value a good education, then the child won't; therefore, slowing down the educational prospects for all the children in the class.

No child left behind? Is that how Pres. Bush, that pushes this so hard, has been brought up?.....I think NOT. He is within the noble rich class and know what is best for the servant class. Best to all......................
    There is a large homeschool community here in the Triangle area of NC, and I think this is a lot of the reason why. Homeschooling in NC is growing at over 7% per year, in spite of the fact that it requires a huge commitment of time, and often is also a financial sacrifice as well. Personally, I wouldn't have a child of mine in public school. So many of our problems today stem from the way we let society and the government raise our kids!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)