Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

El Paso Hospital Goes On Lockdown

Mexican Drug Cartels Strike Again.

EL PASO, Texas -- Thomason Hospital looked more like a police station Wednesday than a trauma center, as about half a dozen SWAT members and police officers stood guard - some with assault rifles - all to protect the life of Mexican police commander Fernando Lozano, shot in Juarez Monday by several men believed to be drug traffickers.

"I saw all the cops with the machine guns and everything. I got a little scared man," Central El Paso resident Memo Arguigo said.

Lozano was originally being treated at a hospital in Juarez, but has been moved to El Paso's largest trauma center for reasons that remain unknown. Since drug cartels have been known to attack victims recovering at hospitals in the past, some who live and work near Thomason question the decision to bring Lozano to El Paso, which is a hospital right next to a school.

"They're putting a lot of people in danger, since the cartels don't stop for anybody," Central El Paso resident Joe Gonzalez said.

A spokeswoman for Thomason did not want to go on camera, but said the hospital is beefing up security, not just for Lozano but the hospital as a whole.

The hospital also said it had no choice but to take Lozano Tuesday night, since he arrived at the international bridge where American medical assistance was called.
    http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/15123804/detail.html

Re: El Paso Hospital Goes On Lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by CindyB
    Mexican Drug Cartels Strike Again.

EL PASO, Texas -- Thomason Hospital looked more like a police station Wednesday than a trauma center, as about half a dozen SWAT members and police officers stood guard - some with assault rifles - all to protect the life of Mexican police commander Fernando Lozano, shot in Juarez Monday by several men believed to be drug traffickers.

"I saw all the cops with the machine guns and everything. I got a little scared man," Central El Paso resident Memo Arguigo said.

Lozano was originally being treated at a hospital in Juarez, but has been moved to El Paso's largest trauma center for reasons that remain unknown. Since drug cartels have been known to attack victims recovering at hospitals in the past, some who live and work near Thomason question the decision to bring Lozano to El Paso, which is a hospital right next to a school.

"They're putting a lot of people in danger, since the cartels don't stop for anybody," Central El Paso resident Joe Gonzalez said.

A spokeswoman for Thomason did not want to go on camera, but said the hospital is beefing up security, not just for Lozano but the hospital as a whole.

The hospital also said it had no choice but to take Lozano Tuesday night, since he arrived at the international bridge where American medical assistance was called.
    http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/15123804/detail.html
    WTH!! What is this guy doing in a US hospital? How did this happen? Now we are going to be stuck paying for his medical care (nothing new) AND the cost of all the extra security. Damn these people to hell! I don't care if he was on an international bridge. They should have carted him back to the other side and called for a Mexican ambulance. It is difficult to imagine a country that would be worse to have as a neighbor than Mexico.
    BUILD THE FENCE NOW!

This guy couldn't have said it better!!

Who in the world came up with the bright idea to publicly announce where the man is being treated?

I just really hope that this doesn't turn into some kind of tragic situation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

Who in the world came up with the bright idea to publicly announce where the man is being treated?

Probably the same person who came up with the bright idea of admitting him to a US hospital in the first place. Their drug cartels shoot up their police and they end up in our hospitals? If I worked in that hospital I would have hung up my uniform and walked out the door.

THIS IS SO STUPID....TO HAVE THIS GUY IN ONE OF OUR HOSPITALS AND TO TELL EVERYONE WHERE HE IS. SO STUPID. THIS IS WHY OUR COUNTRY IS GOING DOWN THE TUBES.....NO COMMON SENSE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

Probably the same person who came up with the bright idea of admitting him to a US hospital in the first place. Their drug cartels shoot up their police and they end up in our hospitals? If I workethat hospital I would have hung up my uniform and walked out the door.[/d in quote]

That was a thought I had as well, camille. I wonder how many employees have decided to take vacation time, or will refuse to come in because of the danger of the situation?

I know that personally, regardless of how badly I might need the hours, or the job for that matter, I wouldn't be going in.

Further, if a loved one or myself needed medical attention we certainly wouldn't be showing up there anytime soon.

Their drug cartels shoot up their police and they end up in our hospitals?

Isn't that something else again?

Why was this guy here, and what did it cost US taxpayers to have SWAT and the police guard him??

But the bigger story is the civil war just across the border that is spilling over into the USA.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Why was this guy here, and what did it cost US taxpayers to have SWAT and the police guard him??

The guy is still here!! He's being treated in the trauma unit. According to the article, the hospital had no choice but to take him after he was brought to this side of the International Bridge.

So the costs of his treatment, and all of the added security, are still adding up.

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:56 pm Post subject:

But the bigger story is the civil war just across the border that is spilling over into the USA.

And what is it going to take happening here, as a direct result of what is going on there, before it is not only covered by the media as it should be, but our government finally takes steps to protect us?

Right now, the fighting spilling over our borders is between those of the same nationality. How long before it goes beyond that and they turn on us?

Juarez cartels power struggle moves into El Paso

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 03:02 PM PST

By Darren Hunt

EL PASO -- The struggle for control and territory between two Juarez drug cartels crossed the international boundary.

Fernando Lozano, a commander for the Chihuahua State Investigation Agency, was ambushed Monday night along Juarez' Triunfo de la Republica avenue as he got into his car.

Over fifty rounds were fired, Lozano was hit five times, and Tuesday night, Lozano was brought to Thomason Hospital for treatment.

Wednesday, he was being guarded by heavily-armed El Paso police officers as a measure of security for what some are calling a struggle for power in the Juarez drug trade.

The heightened security had some hospital officials on edge.

"We're not used to this environment, but I guess El Paso is... safer than Juarez," said one hospital official.

Even students from Jefferson High School and the Silva Magnet School for Health Sciences said they were a little unnerved by the presence of at least six armed guards.

"We usually come here to lunch every day and we had to go somewhere else this time. Down the hall, all you can see is police cars and like people with guns and it just freaks you out," said Jefferson student Yanelle Olmos.

ICE officials did not confirm their involvement in the security detail for Lozano, directing questions instead to the sheriff's office.

Officials with EPPD said that since it is their officers providing protection, ultimately it is the El Paso taxpayer that is footing the bill.

http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... =menu193_2
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast