Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

El Pasoans are waking up!

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/8582623/deta ... 02006&ts=H

Some El Pasoans Want Immigration Reform

POSTED: 7:27 pm MDT April 9, 2006

April 9, 2006 -- El Pasoan Juan Aguirre, along with others, is planning to protest at San Jacinto Plaza for immigration reform. He is for strict immigration reform and would like to see the government seal the borders, so people without proper papers can't get in.

"We're all evidence that people can come to this country, we're all immigrants, but we do it the right way. We applied, got in line and wait your turn," said Aguirre.

Aguirre and his group is expected to be at San Jacinto Plaza along with thousands of people protesting the opposite.

As KFOX reported on Friday, a proposal to grant amnesty to millions of undocumented immigrants faltered in the Senate. Now, it'll be two weeks before lawmakers tackle this issue again.

"This thing is going to get worse and worse until it explodes, it's a time bomb," said Aguirre.

Aguirre said it's not an racial issue, it's a security issue.

"What is the sense of the Catholic Church? They help anyone they want and they don't care who says anything, right? Whether they break the law or not, they don't care," said Aguirre.

NOW-- for a personal question to all of those who have sought out like minded people: does anyone have any ideas how I can contact this guy? And don't say the phone book. Do you have any idea how many Juan Aguirre's there are in a city this size?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm glad to so many 'legal' immigrants speaking up . . .

these 'illegals' want America to "LEGALIZE IMMIGRATION" -- clearly they ARE uneducated and ignorant because 'immigration' is already LEGAL
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Well, you could write an editorial to the newspaper in response to the article. In the article put a newly made Hotmail address asking him to contact you. Only thing I can come up with, unless you want to start calling every name like his in the book.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this Juan Aguirre was probably born and raised in the United States. I came up with other names. I'm going to really try to find these people.

I went down to the protest site yesterday. I never did find the counter protesters and, in all honesty, I got scared half out of my wits alone in that huge crowd and just came on back home. Crowds bother me to start with but this was really extra scary for me. And I have always been more afraid in this city than even in cities overseas because of the hateful looks some of these people convey in exchange for a simple smile or act of common courtesy.

I'm hoping to gain a little more nerve as time goes by. Perhaps if I can find like minded people who can tell me where to find them, it won't seem so threatening.

There were people carrying folded up Mexican flags in that crowd. I bet you that they were told by the organizers not to fly them. Some, of course did it anyway.

There was, and I wonder if anyone else has seen this anywhere: a US flag that someone had taken a blue marker and covered up all the stars on. I wonder what that is supposed to mean????????

I wish I had more to report but you are reading the words of a chicken when it comes to being in a crowd of enemies, I'm ashamed to say.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)