Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Elvira says "I'll Stay" (Son has joined Swift

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...MMIG15.article

Arellano spent the day fielding phone calls in response to the Florida raids. She works full time for Centro Sin Fronteras, an immigrant rights group, using a fax machine and computer in her living room, but she wanted to be out on the streets.

[/quote]

Did you notice this part? Wonder if she's getting income? And under what Social Security number would she be using?

I have two words to resolve this problem: tear gas.

Re: Elvira says "I'll Stay" (Son has joined Swift

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...MMIG15.article

***There's also a poll on this page.....be sure to vote!
    I'll post it in the poll section.

And this woman isn't exploiting her son?????

4 months in church: 'I'll stay'
    Son, 7, off to Miami while immigrant mom stays put

December 15, 2006
    BY ESTHER J. CEPEDA Staff Reporter
    Elvira Arellano, the 31-year-old illegal immigrant who claimed sanctuary in a Northwest Side church to avoid deportation, marks her fourth month of protest today.

"I'm here," said Arellano, speaking in Spanish, "and here I'll stay until the government reforms laws that tear families apart."

Arellano spoke of the pain of separation Thursday afternoon, hours after sending her ambassador to the world -- her 7-year-old son, Saul -- on his fifth trip to spread her word.

He flew to Miami to join a protest against raids at Swift & Co. meat processor that netted almost 1,300 undocumented workers Tuesday.

CAST YOUR VOTE
    Will Elvira Arellano's protest have an impact on immigration policy?
    Yes
    No

• 4 months in church: 'I'll stay'
    RELATED STORIES
    • Poll: Will Arellano's protest impact immigration policy?
    Saul, scheduled to return to Chicago today, has missed about eight days of school, Arellano said, "but he works with a tutor and faxes in his homework when it's due."

In the last four months Arellano herself has missed her son's parent-teacher conferences, the opening of Mel Gibson's film ''Apocalypto,'' and has gained 10 pounds from being limited to her small apartment above the church.

But the raids stirred her desire to walk out of Adalberto United Methodist Church.

'I'm very positive'
    Arellano spent the day fielding phone calls in response to the Florida raids. She works full time for Centro Sin Fronteras, an immigrant rights group, using a fax machine and computer in her living room, but she wanted to be out on the streets.

"I wanted to protest, to gather people and go, but I couldn't," Arellano said.

She faces deportation and is ineligible for U.S. citizenship for having been deported once before, re-entering the country illegally, and then working here under a false Social Security number.

Arellano previously secured stays of deportation with help from Illinois Senators Dick Durbin and Barack Obama. She hopes that a bill sponsored by Rep. Luis Gutierrez will grant her another extension, but it has not moved ahead in the last few months. A federal lawsuit filed on her son's behalf to keep her in the country was dismissed.

"I'm very positive," Arellano said, "and I pray to God I won't be deported.''

Tim Counts, Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman, said Arellano will be removed at the appropriate place and time.

"We estimate there are more than 660,000 fugitives [in the United States], and she is one of them," he said.

ecepeda@suntimes.com

So, when does someone sue the federal government and ICE for not doing their jobs. Not like they don't know exactly where to find this felon!

MW
    Has everyone noticed how the mere mention of Elvira Arellano immediately sends our blood pressure inching upward? In view of the effects she has on us, why doesn't she have the same effect on the individual agents in ICE? After all, they are us. They're American citizen men and women who have the best interest of our country at heart.

Personally, it just burns me up knowing that she is sitting in that so-called church feeling like the power of God is protecting her from us evil Americans. Basically, she is mocking us and our laws. How can ICE not see that? What is motivating them not to apprehend her - the American people would no doubt cheer such a move. Is it Secretary Chertoff, President Bush, or fear of the pro-illegal immigrant supporters and advocates in the U.S. Congress. I welcome input, because I'm at a loss in understanding why this lady is still free after four months, especially since she is openly working against ICE and our laws while sitting in the church eating bon-bons and abusing her son.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tearing families apart? What kind of mother lets her seven year old go on five unnecessary trips? She is the Latino Cindy Sheehan, turning her need for attention into a political circus.

MW, she probably does have that same affect on the ICE agents, but as we know, they would not be allowed to act on their emotions.
    What I do not understand is why can't the family go with them?
    Many of the Swift protestors and Elvira are claiming "its tearing familis apart." but why in the hell can't the entire family go? They act like their anchor toddlers are BOUND to stay here and can go nowhere else. Keep the families together, and deport the whole damn group.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

We have got to get this anchor baby law changed now!!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

How does busy body little Saul keep up on his schedule? Does he have a Playskool PDA or something? He certainly seems to have quite the busy agenda during the school year.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Saul, scheduled to return to Chicago today, has missed about eight days of school, Arellano said, "but he works with a tutor and faxes in his homework when it's due."
    Who is paying for this?Airline tickets are expensive, is her organization paying? I think that she has proven that her son really does not need her. If he can go on so many trips by himself, living here on his own should be a snap.

Will Elvira Arellano's protest have an impact on immigration policy?
    Yes
    7% 25 votes
    No
    92% 328 votes

Total Votes: 353
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast